Community post

Question

Progesterone Supplements.. Did it work for you?

I had a Chemical pregnancy this morning, i started bleeding lightly then heavily when i had my doctors appointment at 8am. It was confirmed that i was indeed pregnant but might have had a Chemical pregnancy so they did blood work and it will be in tmrw. But my midwife also mentioned progesterone supplements might be needed in order for me to be able to keep a pregnancy.. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in 2010 had another miscarriage at 5weeks in 2011 and this Chemical Pregnancy.. Every time i get pregnant something seems to happen..
I guess I'm just wondering if it worked for you?

-> please forgive any typeos, i type fast without checking and sometimes i'm on my phone. thanks! <- & User ImageUser Image

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Oh no, I am sorry to hear this, and am hoping for the best for you. (((Hugs))) I have not used progesterone suppositories, but have dispensed them to many patients who carried successful pg'cies. (I am a pharmacist when I am not peeing away all my time and money here, lol.) Are they planning to do any testing based on your history? There can be other reasons for recurrent miscarriage, such as blood clotting disorders, vitamin deficiencies, etc. I have had 2 losses but have 2 healthy daughters. I do have a blood clotting disorder (Factor V Leiden) and need heparin during my pg'cies. I also took aspirin with my 2nd dd. Message me if you like.

11 years ago

I am currently on progesterone pills for this pregnancy. I had a pregnancy that I miscarried at 13 weeks and several weeks into that pregnancy my doctor started me on the progesterone because my level was low. After the miscarriage he told me to start taking the progesterone as soon as I got my first positive pg test, so that is what I did and so far my progesterone levels are good. I would have your doctor check your levels just to rule it out. Good luck and lots of baby dust.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo