Community post

Question

What has your experience been with the online dip strips?

This is the first month that I have used the Ultra Sensitive 10 mIU test strips from early-pregnancy-tests.com. I also used the ovulation strips from that site and have been quite pleased with them. I tested them against the First Response and ClearBlue Easy digi opk's and they all detected the LH surge at precisely the same time. However, I'm not sure about the pg tests. I've taken at least a dozen in the last few days! I started testing at 6 dpo and the tests were clearly BFN until the evening of 9 dpo. I decided to test in the late afternoon because we went on a six mile hike and I knew my pee was probably even more concentrated than FMU since we didn't bring enough water and spilled some of it besides. But anyway...the test came up with a hot pink test line! Not as dark as the control line, but very noticeable (it's posted although quite blurry as it was a cell phone pic). The majority vote was BFP. However I am 12 dpo and have not gotten a clear BFP since then. Frustrated!

Poll:
Chemical pregnancy (1 votes)
False positive (1 votes)
True positive and man, were you dehydrated!? (1 votes)

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Since you were only 9 dpo just wait a few days and try again with a different brand. I wouldn't choose "false" or "chemical" since it could be too early to know. But since you haven't gotten another BFP since then I can't vote "true positive" either. I got my BFP at 14 dpo using those type of strips and then confirmed it with several other brands including a digital the same day. So I never had a problem using those strips but there can be bad batches from time to time. Good luck!

12 years ago

Was 14 dpo the first time you tested? Or did you have the self control to wait that long, lol!?

12 years ago • Post starter

I'm testing with the sames tests and experiencing frustration with them as well!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo