Community post

Question

Ovulation...

So I've had a few different calculations when it comes to when I'm suppose to be most fertile and ovulate. It goes anywhere between 5/7 to 5/11. I started BD (baby dancing/intercourse) yesterday, along with doing OPKs starting on 5/2. How long can sperm last, & if I do ovulate on the 7th will the swimmers still be able to fertilize an egg? I don't see hubby til Monday night so I'm worried I'm gonna miss my O day.. :(

-> please forgive any typeos, i type fast without checking and sometimes i'm on my phone. thanks! <- & User ImageUser Image

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

NOT SURE. WHEN WAS UR LAST MENSTRAL IT SHOULD BE 14DAYS FROM UR FIRST DAY OF MENSTRAL IF U R REGULAR AND 28 DAYS. SPERM LAST 3-5 DAYS I HOPE THIS IS A LIL HELPFUL YOU CAN ALSO GOOGLE OR YOUTUBE ANYTHING U R SKEPTICAL ABOUT EVEN THIS WEBSITE IS AWESOME HAVE A LOT OF RESOURCEFUL INFORMATION. GOOD LUCK

User Image

12 years ago

Today is cycle day 15 my average cycle length is 32 days.. & I have I'm just gonna keep using opk til I get a positive one.. all I get is different dates.

-> please forgive any typeos, i type fast without checking and sometimes i'm on my phone. thanks! <- & User ImageUser Image

12 years ago • Post starter

You should use OPKs to confirm (especially if you really need to know due to your DH's schedule) every women is different and most of the calculator are just based on averages. Good luck:-)

12 years ago

Ovulation is usually 14 days before your next period starts. So if you have a 32 day cycle you 'should' ovulate about CD18. I say 'should' because we are all different and you may have a longer/shorter luteal phase.
The best way to tell you are ovulating is to get an OPK and test daily (twice daily is better) and note when you get your positive. If you don't want to spend money on the OPK, try charting your CM. When you get egg white cervical mucus, it's a sign that you are all go :)
Good luck! I hope you catch it this month! xx

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo