Community post

Question

How long after ovulation do you see a change in cervical position?

I'm just curious. I've been checking cervical position for 4-5 cycles and it seems like it is all over the place! It seemed high yesterday in the morning, and I had ovulatory pains, and my first + opk was the day before yesterday at 9 am. So I thought O day was yesterday (5-18) yet cervical position was medium last night and this morning seemed high again! Did my four mile run make it drop temporarily? Lol, my best friend told me I needed a hobby other than ttc/charting, but running does not seem to be compatible ! Maybe knitting? ;)

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

The cycles I checked my Cervical position/moistness/etc it was completely wacky too. I could see no correlation between O and cervix... maybe I wasn't checking it right.

12 years ago

Thanks for the answer!! I did briefly feel it get kind of high and kind of soft, and it was very open for several days...thank goodness for opk tests, I would be lost if I had to rely on cervical checks, lol!

12 years ago • Post starter

even though OPKs can suck they really are Gods gift lol But i have to say the EWCM on or around O day has yet to fail me, i just can't check my cervix myself because i'm to high and far back as it is.

-> please forgive any typeos, i type fast without checking and sometimes i'm on my phone. thanks! <- & User ImageUser Image

12 years ago

I agree.. cervix position/texture is just confusing! Mine is all over the place, even though I try to check it at the same time every day. Also, what constitutes "firm" vs "medium" or "medium" vs "soft" and how open is "open"?? Changes in CM is a bit better for predicting O, but also not reliable, because sperm influences its texture, so if you have been BD'ing a lot (as you do), then it's a useless method.
This is only our second month TTC, so I haven't tried OPK's yet. But, yeah, I'm totally over the whole cervix thing! LOL!

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo