Community post

Discussion

Two weeks wait and symptoms!!

View Full Post

Hi,
I just did my iui on July 25th 2014(day 12 of my cycle)....and now in Tww....just want to find some way to pass this time soon....any cycle buddies?? I'm trying to read into each n every symptom....had a miscarriage in feb and now keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP...for now jus have mild cramps similar to ovulation pain...I know it's too early but can't help it...I just want a .... to all those who r TTC.....

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 206 Replies | Last Page

The doctors office called and said I had a good Progesterone test and it showed I definitely ovulated and they aren't sure why the OPK's didn't pick up on it. Well, at least now I know. She didn't tell me the numbers but I will definitely check it out on mychart when they are posted. She also said if I don't get my period in 10-12 days to give them a call and they will redo the test as well as do a pg test.

FX'd AF does NOT show up.

I did put in my O date for the day FF had posted it...now that I know for sure I did O.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

That is excellent news!!! We had the exact same scare but turns out that I was ovulating as well. I'm guessing the OPK's just don't work for all of us. (The OPK's are why we missed IUI the first month and why she thought I wasn't ovulating at all).

If you ever do have to try IUI, what my doctor does is just start testing my hormones on day 14 to see if I'm ovulating since the blood tests are a sure thing.

I also feel like I am having symptoms that I don't usually have and I always have "luteal spotting" but it is normally brown. Yesterday (which would be 11dpo) I had bright pink spotting, but just a little and today nothing although I sure feel like I have my normal pre-AF cramps... so now I don't know what to think and the wait kills!

Good luck to you this month, keeping my fingers crossed for us both!!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Ugh, what a day! And it's still early! I have been super tired lately. I didn't bother to test because my temps keep declining and I just feel like AF is going to show this month. Feeling bummed about that. And then I come to work just to find out that my families home in Mexico has been badly damaged due to Hurricane Norberto. So far today isn't looking like such a good day. I wish I could just go home and climb back under the covers. Oh well, still trying to hold out hope that AF stays away, but definitely not holding my breath on that one.

brandy257: It's funny how we had the same scare with the OPK's. I have had months like this in the past but usually they do work for me.

As for my symptoms today, besides feeling down and a bit on edge, at certain moments I feel like I am having pre-AF like cramps as well. Still hoping it's not but well, you know...not holding my breath.

OK well I hope you have a good day today, if my temps go back up then I will test tomorrow. If not then I guess we will keep trying for next month.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,
Yeah finally AF arrived last week...I was travelling with my hubby...so couldn't reply....how are you both doing? Jus checked your updates....just hold on n relax for a while....you still have a chance till AF shows her ugly face.....nowadays I don't think I can rely on symptoms because both AF n pregnancy symptoms were so similar from my previous cycles... for both of u

Lolo1176: Sorry about the hurricane...hope everyone in your family is safe...as it is this journey is so stressful and to top it all, things like this happen...

9 years ago • Post starter

Sinrap: Thanks and thank God no one was down there. None of my family live down there. It's basically a vacation home that my Grandparents had built. They and a group of friends, picked a spot years ago, before I was born, and built a type of community down there. My grandparents picked a spot right on the beach for their home. And when they passed away their children, my parents & uncle, took it over. And thankfully it is still standing, just a lot of damage was done. I'm kinda glad I didn't get the chance to make plans to go down there this year. But my parents and in-laws did. Now it's just a wait and see if the damage is too dangerous for them to still go down. Or if it will be fixed by then.

AFM: I took another test this morning and it was another BFN. I have a feeling AF is on way so I am expecting it. Feeling bummed about it. Was really hoping this was our month. Oh well.

We have had a very rainy morning and it is still raining. The drive to work...sucked. Hoping it stops by this evening, for my commute home. Have a good day ladies!

9 years ago

Lolo1176 - That really stinks about the hurricane. Hopefully the repairs aren't too expensive and yes thank goodness no one was in the home!

Sinrap - Thanks, yes I hate to symptom spot because I know it's all in our heads but I just had such a renewed hope with the IUI the past two cycles!

But... AF was here early this morning. A day late so I had even more hope, but it's here. I'll call the doctor today to get ready for next cycle. I'm not sure how many times they try IUI.

9 years ago

brandy257: Awww, so sorry arrived for you! I would've gotten my hopes up extra high as well if I had an IUI done too.

I got yesterday evening, around 5:30pm. Since it was still light out I considered CD1 as being yesterday. It was also full flow. However if it was an hour or 2 later I probably would have considered today as CD1. Looks like you and I are on the same cycle times again. Or pretty damn close to it.

DH was so sweet to me this morning. I made a comment on how bad my cramps were and he heated me up a smell good rice bag thingy to place on my cramps. OMG that helped a lot this morning. Along with some Midol. It definitely helped me get up on this cold icky day...lol. Sadly I think Summer is officially over. It has dropped 20 degrees from yesterday. And supposedly going to stay this way for at least this week...which is high 50's to low 60's. It's pretty sad really, We only got to see maybe a weeks worth of Summer temps. But on the bright side we never had to use the A/C this Summer so our gas and electric was really cheap. I do hope I get pregnant soon though. I heard the Winter months are more tolerable while pregnant. Not freezing your ass off.

This month I am adding to my routine. During the BD'ing I am going to try Softcups. Figured it couldn't hurt.

If nothing happens this month then we may try an IUI. I called the doctors today and I have them checking with the insurance company to see if they cover IUI. There is a good chance that they might....my hubby's insurance says they cover Fertility Treatments with no exclusions. But I want to see it to believe it...lol. And I don't know if that still includes IUI's. I it does.

9 years ago

Lolo1176, I am always cold too! I was really looking forward to a possible June baby but of course I'll take whatever I can get! July would be cool too so hopefully this time works out. I am so not a fan of cold weather. Are you up north? You don't have to get specific, I was just curious 50's seems outrageous for September! We have 70's in PA... except my husband and I live at the top of a mountain so it's always 10 degrees colder (boo!).

I'll have to look up the softcups.. I'm not really sure what that is!

I did get to speak to the doctor today. I told her how much of a basketcase I've been the past few months and she said we should try Femara this time. We'll just test my hormones on day 13 just so we don't miss it with the new medication. She also said it is recommended to try IUI 4-6 times before moving on to the next plan of action (IVF I assume?)... I know it's expensive!

9 years ago

brandy257: I live in Southern Wisconsin right by Lake Michigan. This is very strange weather for us and I don't ever remember it being this cool of a Summer in the past. 2 Summers ago when we bought our house it was sooo hot. But I love the hot weather. I like being able to turn on the A/C to cool off if needed. We only use the window units we have if it's going to be in the 90's for a long time. But it only reached 90 maybe twice this whole Summer and we might've had a total of 2 weeks that reached 80's. But other than that it stayed in the 70's and 60's. And it rained a fair amount as well. I think today's high might have been 58-60 degrees.

I had no idea what softcups were either until I looked it up last month. LOL! They look and feel like large hard rimmed/hard rubber/plastic condoms. If you Google softcups it will show you pics. I guess they are normally used for AF. Personally I would never use it for that...sounds like a bloody mess. But basically while laying down after sex I insert it in and leave it in for quite awhile. You can leave it in for upto 12 hrs. Keeps the BD'ing from getting really messy afterwards too. I noticed. I tried it twice last month but I think it was after I O'd. Hopefully using them this month keeps the spermies up near my cervix and does the trick.

I wonder, if it turns out IUI is covered by my Insurance then I'd be curious to see if IVF is and what it would cost us. I think it would still be out of the question because even if it was covered I doubt that our costs would be still affordable...but you never know. Let's hope we don't have to go that route.

Hope the new meds treat you better too!

9 years ago

Sorry gals.... always comes when it shouldn't n stops when it should come....making us go crazy but onset of AF at least gives us hope that v can start afresh...let's see if third time's a charm

lolo1176: just give it a try one more time...hope u get lucky this time without needing iui....I was so impatient n wanted to try iui right away...but good you're keeping things ready just incase.....

brandy257: I've heard some people respond well with femara with fewer side effects but I've never tried it as I'm quite comfortable with clomid or should I say used to it....sometimes changing meds does the trick....

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo