Community post

Discussion

Two weeks wait and symptoms!!

View Full Post

Hi,
I just did my iui on July 25th 2014(day 12 of my cycle)....and now in Tww....just want to find some way to pass this time soon....any cycle buddies?? I'm trying to read into each n every symptom....had a miscarriage in feb and now keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP...for now jus have mild cramps similar to ovulation pain...I know it's too early but can't help it...I just want a .... to all those who r TTC.....

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 206 Replies | Last Page

First, I am so sorry to hear this wasn't your month... I am 13 dpiui today and still BFN so I'm fairly certain I'm out (barring a miracle). hopefully I can refrain from wasting another test in the morning.

But.. That is completely amazing that your insurance covers everything! I have never heard of any insurance covering fertility!! At least you know you'll have all options available to you at little cost!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

brandy257: Thanks. Sorry about your BFN's. Mother nature is definitely not being very kind to me today either. Now that I have an U/S set up for Thursday I feel like I am starting to get a UTI. So friggin typical. I have never really had one and hopefully it's not. The doctors and I thought I had one once a few years back but the tests came back clean. So they put me on meds anyways just to be safe. After lunch I am going to call up and make sure this infection isn't going to cause a riff in our plans and "hopefully" they will just give me something for it anyways. I doubt it though. that it goes away quickly.

I can't believe the insurance covers everything! I have heard that some insurance companies will cover only so many procedures and that's it. I am feeling so much better about it. Thank God for my DH's Insurance coverage.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Thanks brandy257....all I can say is hold on for a while....Sorry about your AF lolo1176....and nice to hear that your insurance covers almost everything...even I've never heard of insurance covering fertility...that's definitely going to make it a lot easier for u...

9 years ago • Post starter

9 years ago • Post starter

Sinrap: Thanks! How are you doing?

AFM: It turns out I did have a UTI so along with antibiotics the doctor also has me on Letrozole, a cousin of Clomid. Not sure if we will get the chance of doing the IUI this month. It all depends on if DH is working the day I have to do the IUI. If we can't the RN did make me feel a tad better by saying that at least we have that fertility boost because of the meds...so maybe that's all we need.

I don't know if it's the Letrozole or the antibiotics or even the combination, but it's definitely given me a loss of appetite, which in my mind is a very good thing...lol. I have been feeling some slight pinches/twinges near my ovaries...so maybe this is a good sign that the meds are working. !!!

I have also been very tired all weekend and still fighting a slight headache. Hoping my visit to the Chiropractor this morning helps. Now that my DH is back on days hopefully this will also mean I can get to bed early and get more sleep.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Hey Ladies!

How are you doing?

I had my u/s yesterday. Yesterday was a typical Monday for me... Except for that morning, everything seemed to go against me throughout the day...from hitting every red light to work and then to the doctor's appt, and having to go to the store twice because I bought something that I didn't get a close enough look at. But thankfully while at the doctors office that went right. He said I have smaller follicles that didn't look very big but I do have 2 larger ones that look good. A 13mm and a 16mm. He also said my uterus wasn't quite that thick yet either, I think he said about 7.5...he said he preferred a 10. I think he said the uterus grows about 1.5 a day. So he said we will do the HCG shot on Wed and the IUI on Thurs. YAY! DH is OFF! Got a tad nervous because he said it might not happen until Friday and that would've sucked because DH is working. But after looking at the numbers and calculating the growth he seemed pretty confident that Thurs is IUI day. So 3:30 is drop off and 4:30 is IUI. He said to continue using the OPK's and if I see a surge tomorrow then the HCG will just be an extra boost. this is our month! I don't think I can handle the stress of worrying if DH is working or not.

9 years ago

Lolo1176 we are so on the same schedule lol. I go for my Pre-IUI workup tomorrow and Thursday will most like be the day for IUI. Last month didn't work again... took that one pretty hard. This will be our 4th IUI, not sure if we should keep putting ourselves through this if this time doesn't work.

I still feel if I could get a less stressful job, we would have a better chance but obviously that will not be possible by Thursday!!

9 years ago

brandy257: It is so funny how we tend to be on the same schedule still! YAY! Cycle buddies once again!

I don't blame you for getting tired of doing this. I just pray it only takes the one month for us. I don't think I can handle the stress of worrying if DH is working or not when the time comes.

I'm also annoyed because the doc told me to keep using the OPK's. I only have 1 left. So if I don't see a +OPK tomorrow morning I am going to have to buy a whole new box. But how I see it is if I have to then I can use it after the pregnancy if this is my lucky month. Just to see when my body will potentially get back to normal. That or gift it to a friend TTC as well.

We might have discussed this before but what do you do for work?

I am getting anxious! This week can't go by fast enough...LOL! Tonight DH and I are supposed to BD. DH was a bit shocked and annoyed that I told him we were still going to have to BD tonight and Sat night...he thought the IUI was going to be enough. Granted if the IUI was on Wed then we wouldn't BD tonight. But the doc told us to continue the EOD BD'ing. Men don't they ever think?! I explained to him that the IUI was not the same as an IVF and that all the IUI is, is concentrated sperm being directly put into the uterus and that there is no guarantee. I think he finally understood. He was just so tired last night from work...he has a hard time when his shifts change from nights to days and days to nights. I know I couldn't do it.

Just glad that my day is almost over.

9 years ago

Lolo1176 I could never switch shifts like that either! I would be such a bear ha ha. I actually work in Media Sales (TV and digital).. Commission is great but I swear I am losing years off my life - it is so high pressure and stressful. I've been here almost 4 years and have hated every minute of it, but I don't live in a booming metropolis and there aren't many jobs out there that pay well enough for me to leave unless I want a 2 hour commute. It is a constant struggle for me but I am optimistic that the right job will work out for me soon!

Hey since your husband is off, maybe it was meant to be! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I wish I would have known, I have some OPK's leftover (don't use them since they weren't really working for me) but I doubt I could get them to you in time lol

And men seem to have a hard time grasping the difference between IUI and IVF. I even know some women that don't know the difference, but I guess it's not something you research unless you are in our position really. Just tell him every little bit helps!!! And if he's super tired from work, you can offer to do all the work so he can just sit back and enjoy.

We have been trying for so long and some nights we are both tired, but we push through for the cause (mostly me I'm sure he never really minds even if he is tired ha ha).

You'll have to let me know how it went afterwards! I am sending your way!! I am hoping this month goes as smoothly as last month for me.. and that it works this time!

9 years ago

brandy257: OMG! I used to work in retail at a mall. First I worked in a clothes department and then costume jewelry. I hated retail. I didn't mind the setting up and making things look good...but OMG when it came to the customers...AHHHHHH! I hope I never have to do that again. I was in retail for over 5 years.

LOL! Thanks for the thought of the OPK's. I decided to go ahead and buy more anyhow. I think I have some cheapies somewhere but I cant stand those...I like the digital's. Someone said they like to test one more time after the shot just to make sure it worked...lol. Then this way if this month doesn't work out then I at least have them. it does work out though.

HAHA! Having him sit back and enjoy. We have done that a few times...ok, more than I would like to admit. But the guy is like the energizing bunny...he can keep going and going and going...takes forever for him to finish sometimes. I would start with a Bj then a Hj and he ends up finishing cause my wrist/hand gets tired...lol. But on nights he's working I would rather him do it anyways, this way he can just do it and be done...lol...I know sounds bad of me. I miss the romance.

And thanks I will definitely let you know how it goes! I this is both our month!

AFM: I leave work early today and go in for my HCG shot. Part of me was hoping to see a +OPK result this morning but I haven't. Which is why I am going to buy more anyways. He said if I did get a +OPK, that it was OK because it would be an extra boost with the shot. Oh well. Getting nervous, anxious and excited all at the same time. I just pray the timing is right this month.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo