Community post

Discussion

Two weeks wait and symptoms!!

View Full Post

Hi,
I just did my iui on July 25th 2014(day 12 of my cycle)....and now in Tww....just want to find some way to pass this time soon....any cycle buddies?? I'm trying to read into each n every symptom....had a miscarriage in feb and now keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP...for now jus have mild cramps similar to ovulation pain...I know it's too early but can't help it...I just want a .... to all those who r TTC.....

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies,

Well, I'm feeling a repeat of last AF. Meaning I am fighting another head cold. At least no sore throat but my sinuses are driving me bonkers and making me sleepy. This day can't end fast enough. I just want to go home and climb under some covers...maybe build a fire. I blame the weather 100%. Todays high is only 55 degrees. It's September for cryin out loud! *SIGH* It's looking like next week is supposed to at least be in the 60's. I just wasn't ready to put my sandals away. It feels too weird to be wearing reg shoes right now...ya know?

Sinrap: I have every intention of giving this month another try. Just hope by the time we start BD'ing I can breath...lol. I haven't even tried any meds. I just follow the docs orders and he said to give it 4 months. That is precisely what I am doing.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Hi ladies!

Well, thankfully my cold only lasted a couple days and I was still feeling a bit funky. Tummy/cramping issues. Almost thought maybe it was still possible that even though I had gotten AF maybe it wasn't really AF. But I took a test and it was BFN. Oh well. I think I am starting to feel better. The cramping seems to be subsiding but I am fighting a headache. Typical. It just seems like if it's not one thing it's another. However I almost feel like my body could be gearing up to ovulate. Which is weird because it would be really early for that to happen. Since the surgery I have been O'ing around CD16/17. Before the surgery it would happen around CD14. Which I know isn't that much of a difference. But I am on CD8. So I just don't know what to think. DH asked me what our schedule looked like and asked when we start BD'ing. A couple months ago when DH and I went to the Ren Faire and saw that psychic she did say Sept 20th and Nov 20th - mid Jan looked like good dates. I hate to read into that but maybe that was a sign. Well, I told DH, he and I are going to start BD'ing on Sat which happens to be Sept 20th. Which will still be considered early for us, compared to the last few months anyways, but that will land us on CD11. Then we will start our EOD BD schedule. FX'd!!!

Hope you ladies have a great day!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

It has been coooold here too!!! Brrrrrr and I got a heck of a cold!! Sinuses had been bothering me for weeks so I finally broke down and went to the doctor. She gave me an antibiotic that will not interfere with the meds.

Sinrap I am hoping third time is a charm for you! And I am sure hoping we have better luck with femara. Lolo1176 so sorry to hear about your cold! I refuse to put my sandals away too even though it has been down right chilly here as well.

Hoping and praying IUI works this time. No fertility anything is covered by our insurance so IVF will be a bit of a cost I'm sure. A place in Maryland has $20k for 6 tries or your money back... Might be worth it.

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

brandy257: Well, I like the money back guarantee and that it's 6 tries for $20k instead of each...lol. I wonder if you have to live in that state to do it? Just curious but do you know which place it is? Sadly I don't have $20k to put towards that. Which is why we can't even do it here. Hoping and praying beyond hope I find out our Insurance covers these procedures.

I hope your cold/sinuses feel better real soon. I guess it is that time of year. DH is annoyed with me because it's too cold to wear my sandals today but I still have them out lying around the front door area...lol. I refuse to put them away when I see some glimmer of hope of warmer temps in the horizon...lol.

Sinrap: How are you doing? I 3rd times a charm for you too!

AFM: I didn't sleep well last night. So tired today because of it. And I am fighting a slight headache to top it off. I blame this weather. My Chiropractor this morning said it very well could be. Mentioned a pressure drop and that they are forecasting some pretty nasty storms this weekend. After effects of Hurricane Odile. FUN ...not. But that would make a lot of sense for how I am feeling.

This is our weekend with the kids so, I am off work tomorrow. Really looking forward to sleeping in. :)

9 years ago

Hi Lolo1176 - So sorry for the late response but I don't think you have to live in Maryland in order to go to that fertility center because I know two people who live in PA who went there (one had triplets and the other sadly got her money back and is putting that toward adoption). The name of the place is Shady Grove Fertility. The website is shadygrovefertility.com and the IVF guarantee is under financial programs. I just realized it no longer says $20k, it just says a set fee so hopefully they didn't raise the rate! It is a hefty chunk of money, if we do that option it will probably have to wait a year or two so we can save up. I'm already 35 so we wouldn't have much time to waste! I think they will only do it until you turn 40.

9 years ago

Thanks ladies...& for us....
I'm waiting for my to start a fresh cycle...

Brandy257: The IVF deal looks good...even I'm considering IVF as we may relocate by January...so I don't want to start from scratch in a new place and delay things....people keep telling me I should relax and take it easy coz I'm just 30 but my family is after me as if I am already 50 Anyway i don't want to regret later if I don't find a good doctor or hospital because the one I'm seeing here is so good...

Lolo1176: I'm fine...Hope you're feeling better...how was your weekend?

nothing is covered by insurance & it's definitely expensive....so confused but sooner the better...this whole thing is emotionally and financially draining...

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies,

Hope you had a great weekend. Mine could've been better. I hurt my low back by tripping over a stupid black mat in Walmart. Thankfully starting to feel a bit better. And we almost didn't get the chance to start our BD'ing Sat night...but thankfully we did, just later than we planned...lol. Sadly with DH still on nights at the moment it is really pretty crucial for when we start our EOD BD'ing.

It has warmed up a bit and supposed to be nice this week and hopefully into next week...high 60's - low 70's. It's not exactly Summer weather but it's better than the 50 degree weather we were experiencing last week. Brrr!

brandy257: OMG! Thank you for that link. I did look into it some. The only part that makes me bummed is the cut off age for using your own eggs is 39. I will be 38 in Nov. So if it's something we think about then we won't have much time to initiate it. I really don't want to use a donor egg. The cost may still be an issue and with me living half way across the states from them...well, I would also have to find a hotel and pay for flights...I doubt that is part of the refund...lol. And it sounds like for each cycle I would have to take a trip 2-3 times a month. But it is something to think about.

Sinrap: I wouldn't start from scratch. If you do relocate I would let your new dr's know what you have had done and say you don't want to start from scratch and ask about options.

I hear ya on the emotional draining. Thankfully it hasn't been too bad for the financial side of it...I mean, yes, it has still been expensive but thankfully my insurance has been covering it. I keep that the insurance will also cover IUI. I only want to do one step at a time. I doubt I will have my insurance checked for IVF until the start of the year just in case my hubby's insurance changes.

This TTC process alone has been an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure. I truly hope and it happens soon because with my age I get nervous that it won't happen.

9 years ago

Emotionally and financially draining it is for sure, Sinrap!!! We have already spent so much! But, if it comes down to it, I think IVF will be worth it. And I know what you mean, I mean, I'm 5 years older but honestly my family is so old fashioned they've been after me since early twenty's! ha ha ha I definitely knew that wasn't in the cards for me.

And yes, for some reason they won't let you use your own eggs once you turn 40... that part makes me nervous too Lolo1176! I really don't know if I would want to use a donor egg either.

We did our third round of IUI on Wednesday and now I'm 2 dpo... these waits just get longer and longer! But it was the smoothest the procedure has gone so far with very minimal pain and bleeding so I am very thankful for that. Dr. said our numbers were both excellent for this round plus we did femara instead of clomid so we have a good feeling!!! We almost didn't do it because my husband had something really important for work but he decided to cancel it... thought this was more important (and I agree! whew!).

for us all!!!

9 years ago

brandy257: I think we might be on the same cycle day again. Wednesday my OPK's test line was almost as dark as the control line. I never take 2 tests in one day and I know when you take the 2nd test you are supposed to hold your pee for a few hours and not drink anything to dilute your urine...well, I just said screw it, it was a last minute decision on my part to take a 2nd test...I did have some watered down ice tea not too long before that and it might've been an hour or more from the last time I peed. But I took one of my digital OPKs just to see. And it was the same darkness as that mornings. So I thought maybe I might've O'd the next day (yesterday) and see a +OPK...nope if anything it's lighter. So, that is why I think I might've O'd on Wednesday...probably if I had taken the test correctly it probably would've shown a +OPK that evening. We'll see if I am correct with that if my temps continue to rise. It had already jumped up this morning. If I am correct then that would put me at 2DPO as well. So I am thinking either the reader is not working correctly on my digital test or I am having some very short LH surges these past couple months. I hope short surges aren't a problem.

Awww, I think that is so sweet of your DH for canceling his work to do the IUI. Lots of guys wouldn't do that. I have no idea what DH would do if it came down to it and with his work schedule. It will definitely be stressful to figure that out and all I can do is pray that when/if we have to do an IUI it happens on a day he has off work. it doesn't come down to that and we end up PG this month

So glad your IUI procedure went as smoothly as it did.

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in to see how you are doing? When will you be testing? I think/hope I will be testing starting Sunday.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo