Community post

Discussion

Two weeks wait and symptoms!!

View Full Post

Hi,
I just did my iui on July 25th 2014(day 12 of my cycle)....and now in Tww....just want to find some way to pass this time soon....any cycle buddies?? I'm trying to read into each n every symptom....had a miscarriage in feb and now keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP...for now jus have mild cramps similar to ovulation pain...I know it's too early but can't help it...I just want a .... to all those who r TTC.....

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies!

I had my HCG shot yesterday...LOL! OUCH! Not sure where they usually administer the shot or if it's the same for everyone but mine was in the back "hip" area. Still hurts today.

I have my IUI at 4:30pm today with sperm collection at 2:45pm and drop off at 3:30pm. Hope we can keep the sperm warm enough for 45 minutes. I called to check on that and they said yes the timing is correct and the key is to keep it warm.

And YAY I saw a +OPK this morning!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Good luck!!! Mine is tomorrow at 5pm!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

brandy257: Oooh good luck today! So we are off by a day from each other but we are still only a day apart. Hope this is our month!

AFM: Well, I had my IUI yesterday. Didn't feel a thing really until after. A bit crampy. And then last night is when I felt very crampy. Almost felt like gas cramps. Could've been strong O pains too. Not really sure. Today, and started a bit last night, my boobs hurt as well. I also had a very hard time sleeping last night with weird dreams. Probably all from the HCG shot? I asked the doctor if we had enough sperm to make it worth while...lol...He said we had plenty and were definitely good. So I guess that's good. The doc also said to make sure we have sex again 36 hours after. Well, sadly DH is heading to work so we will have to make sure we do it as soon as he gets home. Beside 36 hours puts us at 4am...lol. Next step, I have to go in on Halloween for a Progesterone test. He said if I don't see AF 16-18 days then call for a blood test. FX! FX! FX!

The doctor also had me get a Flu Shot yesterday while we were there. My first time ever as far as I could remember. So while I was laying down for the recommended 15 minutes they came in to administer the shot.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

So pardon me for this random question, but is AFM posting on this thread? All I see are posts from Sinrap and lolo1176 and I'm so confused!

9 years ago

LMAO! Sorry for laughing, but that was cute.

AFM = As For Me

9 years ago

Omg!!! Ha ha I had no idea!!!! Ooops..

Well I'm glad it was rather painless for you and hopefully it works! On our way home still from ours. It hurt again, she thought I would be ok without the numbing but not so much lol. She is getting frustrated, she said everything looks great and it should be happening for us... I wish it would! We are to BD again tomorrow as well. ugh I just wish I could fast forward the next two weeks!

9 years ago

Aww, I'm sorry you found your IUI to be painful. Does your doctor use an antiseptic or something to clean your cervix? Maybe the reason I didn't feel anything is maybe the stuff my doc used had a numbing effect? That or the only other reason that pops into my mind is when I had my Lap done the doc stretched out my cervix because he said I was really tight...maybe now that it's a bit looser it didn't hurt too much? Who knows.

But after all was said and done within the hour I was definitely suffering from cramps.

I had loads of ewcm tonight...I don't think I have ever had that much. Which makes me nervous because the doc suggested we BD 36 hours after the IUI and we won't be BD'ing until over 48 hrs after. I hate when DH's schedule gets in the way. Hopefully, yesterday's IUI was enough to make this work.

9 years ago

Well, I hate feeling confused. Today I see my chart on FF and it shows I O'd the day of HCG shot which was Wed CD 16. At least on here it's possibly more accurate. I hope in a couple days that changes and looks more accurate...I just don't see how O can happen before the +OPK's or the day of the shot. Starting to see why my doctor hates BBT...lol. But no matter what happens at least we have the BD'ing covered.

9 years ago

Lolo1176 LOL yeah I do not chart temps at all. I think that would just add another layer to my crazy obsessiveness when it comes to the two week wait! Sorry about the cramping.. I definitely get that too and spotting, it really stinks.

The doctor who usually does mine has used a topical numbing cream since the first time was an awful mess ha ha. But, she is actually on maternity leave so I had the other doctor and I did tell her that I would like the numbing cream but she must have forgot. I obviously wasn't looking and DH said she was elbow deep before he knew what was going on! Oh well, I feel this might be our last attempt at IUI anyway.. not sure why it won't take when everything looks good.

Do you ever get ovulation pains? I always get them, no matter what any OPK or whatever says, when it happens I know. I just don't know until it's happening!! Which is why i have to go for the bloodwork to be sure. But if your doctor did the IUI work up, i'm sure they know when the right timing was.

I just need to try to keep my mind off of everything for the next two weeks (which I know will not be the case)! Ok, realistically I need to wait until at least 10dpIUI to test!

9 years ago

brandy257: Did you have a good weekend?

Yea, I have been temping for so long it's hard for me to stop...lol. It's funny I do get cramping but I never can tell if it's O pain or bowel pain. I am thinking it must be O pain. It was definitely more pronounced this month than any other and it was more around the time CTP recognizes an O date.

How do you test to see if the HCG is out of your system? Someone suggested to me to test with a HPT. So yesterday I got curious... I took a HPT test and another OPK test and even though the OPK digital said negative the lines were both there...the test line wasn't quite as dark as the control line. The HPT test came up negative. Does that make sense to you? I figure both tests would have come up positive still if the HCG was still in my system. The only time I saw a +HPT was the day after the shot and it was faint.

AFM: I had a pretty good weekend. Well, except for a nightmare I had on Friday night...I had a dream I thought I was having a mc and was wandering around some hospital trying to find someone to help. Could that be a symptom from the HCG or the IUI? I pray that's not my body telling me that this month didn't work.

I also can't believe Halloween is coming up so fast and then Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. Ahhh! Kinda wish I wasn't hosting it this year but since I am I know it's going to come up fast. Got so much to do! I should start a "To do" list.

Hope you are having a good Monday!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo