Community post

Discussion

Two weeks wait and symptoms!!

View Full Post

Hi,
I just did my iui on July 25th 2014(day 12 of my cycle)....and now in Tww....just want to find some way to pass this time soon....any cycle buddies?? I'm trying to read into each n every symptom....had a miscarriage in feb and now keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP...for now jus have mild cramps similar to ovulation pain...I know it's too early but can't help it...I just want a .... to all those who r TTC.....

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Lolo1176 - I had a great weekend! My family has a huge halloween party every year and that was this past Saturday so we had a blast, we made minion costumes that turned out awesome! They just need to survive for 2 more parties this weekend. Other than that, just got some much needed rest which was nice.. and since my IUI was friday we basically had a 3 day weekend :)

That is crazy about your dream!! It's hard to remember that they are just dreams. Last month, I was a day late for AF and woke up from a dream that I was pregnant, when I first woke up I thought I WAS pregnant until I realized it was totally a dream. Such a bummer in my case but good in yours!

As far as HCG, I have never had that shot. I ovulate fine, they just put me on clomid and now femara because my follicles weren't big enough. And I have to use progesterone suppositories because mine was low. I have heard that you should use OPK's to see if it is still in your system but also heard that it can stay in your system up to 14 days (a friend of mine went through a couple rounds of IUI as well). Sorry I can't be of much help there! I guess as the test line fades you will know?

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

brandy257: Oooh the Halloween party sounds like fun! I love Halloween! It's the start of the holiday season and it's fun seeing all the little dressed up kids come to our door...lol. We moved into a neighborhood that apparently has LOTS of kids...almost ran out of candy last year. LOL! My only problem is I can't remember how many bags we bought last year.

Yea those PG dreams are disappointing...especially when they aren't true...I have definitely had many of those.

I think the reason they gave me the HCG shot is to make sure I O and to time the IUI better. At this point I have been at this for so long I don't care what they do to me to get me pregnant...as long as I have a healthy baby.

And thanks in regards to the OPK's. I think that is what I will do. In a couple days I will test again with my digital and see if I still see something and go from there.

AFM: Last night I went to bed with a slight headache and woke up with a headache. Still fighting one but not nearly as bad. Sorta feels like the one I get right before AF shows up. But that's impossible, right? I am only 3 DPO/5 DPIUI.

And even though I went to bed at a decent time last night I am still very tired today. I feel like with my headache I could definitely take a nap. Thank goodness the day is almost over. Just wish the TWW was almost over...lol.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Lolo1176 sorry about the headaches! They are the worst. I get them when AF comes too.. just feels like you've been hit by a train! Maybe since it's early it is a good sign (we can hope, right?).

I know it is too early for me to be experiencing systems as well. I mean, I am only 5dpiui today. But I swear I had the weirdest cramps yesterday only for like 5 minutes but I got really dizzy and could barely walk for a minute. It wasn't like AF cramps, but I'm not sure what it was. Hopefully not an infection or something but I drank some simply cranberry this morning just in case ha ha. I just need to NOT symptom spot and drive myself crazy since it is way too early.

I feel like these two week waits just get longer and longer! Hopefully we can both relax and that will help with the process... it's just so much easier said than done!

9 years ago

Also that is awesome that you have so many kids in your neighborhood! We live in a secluded area with only one neighbor and they are in their 50's.. which I love, but it's no fun for Halloween!

9 years ago

brandy257: When we were house hunting our first goal was to try and find a home that the houses weren't on top of us practically. I don't like home that you can outstretch your arms from a side window and touch the neighbors house...lol...like you see in cities. Ideally we would have loved to find a secluded location and we did see a few but the homes were sadly dumps. So when we found our home it was perfect. Still a quiet neighborhood but at least we have a yard. And apparently lots of kids. Last year my step kids had such a blast when they found out they were with us this year for Halloween they were ecstatic.

AFM: LOL! Yep it does feel like I have been hit with lots of different things lately. I pray they are good signs as well. But my headache seems to be gone. Sadly I can't stop sneezing and have a stuffy nose...I suppose it is that time of year for Fall allergies. I feel like I can't get a break from them. All Summer and now the Fall. Ugh, oh well.

Today along with the stuffy nose I feel tired, chilled (could be because it's chilly out, 49 degrees) and earlier my boobs hurt...that sorta comes and goes. I also feel like it's still to early to be symptom spotting. Maybe it's because of the HCG in my system. I did take an OPK today just to see and there was barely a test line but you could still see it. So maybe that means it's close to leaving the system. I also used a HPT just to see and still blank...so at least I know when the time comes to test if I see something on there maybe I can trust it...LOL!

Hope you have a great day!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

How are you ladies doing? Did you test yet Lolo1176?

I stupidly took an hpt this morning and BFN.. Of course. Not sure why I do this to myself!!! Going to wait a few days and try it again. I wish I had the will power to just wait it out!

9 years ago

brandy257: I too wish I had the will power to wait it out. I did test yesterday but I was mostly testing to see if the HCG shot was out of my system. It was a BFN on the HPT but still a faint line on the LH test. So not really sure what to think...I would have betted that that would have come up blank/white too. So who knows. I plan to start testing either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Did you have a nice Halloween Weekend? It was cold and actually snowing for us. I have so much candy left over it's insane. Last year we had so many kids I almost ran out of candy. I guess one can never really win during this holiday...lol.

Friday, we had my parents, parent in-laws, my sister and her husband as well as my 2 stepkids over at our house. It's weird I was really looking forward to having everyone over and had dinner planned and pretty much ready but wow my mood changed when everyone got there. I got cranky and just simply moody. I think I hid it pretty well. But it was just so noisy and just, I don't know, annoying. Maybe it's because I was being good by not drinking (ok I had a couple tiny sips to taste what people brought over) and everybody else was drinking/getting drunk and I was watching my mom practically splash red wine everywhere. Thankfully, not on anything that could stain. But still. I mean I am glad they had a good time but ugh. Then I got to constantly hear both sets of parents talking about the vacation they are going on this week together...I am glad they are getting the chance to go but I think I am annoyed because DH & I were originally supposed to go with but since we weren't sure where we were going to end up at this time of year by the time we started to think we could maybe make it they already booked their flights for right after DH goes back to work. So then there wasn't a point. It's funny part of me is glad we aren't going because right now we really can't afford it but I am also bummed too.

After I did all the cooking on Friday and played hostess as well as handed out candy to the few kids we had... DH did all the cooking on Saturday which was so sweet. But for brunch or more like lunch, we had scrambled eggs with sausage and veggies and cheese. And I don't know why because I love cheese, but wow I found it repulsing during the meal. Never felt that way before and could only eat a couple bites. We had some left overs of that and I could eat a couple bites the next morning and I was fine. And yet later that night DH made a 9 cheese lasagna and I ate it with no problems.

Sunday we went over to my parents house for a lunch gathering with the family before they left for their trip. It was alright. Got some baby time in with my nephew...he is getting so big. His mom still isn't feeding him baby food which I find so strange. She's still breast feeding, which is good and sometimes gives him solids to gnaw on but still won't go through the effort of feeding him baby food...even homemade. I know everyone raises their kids differently and I just keep my mouth shut on it all but something just seems off about that. But he still seems healthy so I don't know.

Sadly 4 of my family members all came down with something over night...they all think it was the brats they had for lunch at my parents...maybe, but everybody else had it too and we are fine. DH had 4 and he is fine...so who knows. Just glad I didn't get sick...talk about confusion for this month if I had...lol.

Today I just feel funny. Doubt it's the same as what my other family members came down with. Hoping these are just early possible symptoms... Went out to lunch and got one of my favorites, BBQ pulled pork, and either they changed the recipe or my taste is off. I also feel smothered, slight shortness of breath and slightly nauseous today.

My nerves have been heightened a bit too. I work for my dad and after lunch he just told me that I need to cut my hours this month and possibly next month. We sadly don't have enough money coming in right now and it's slow right now. Not the best time of year to have this come up but I do understand. Just sucks that here we are TTC and now this. Thankfully we can still make it work but still...not the best time. Oh well.

So what are your symptoms right now?

9 years ago

Ugh being moody is the worst! I'm sorry :( but I'm sure you handled it fine! I so cherish my work-free weekends, but for some reason this weekend I was just in a bad mood almost all weekend. We still had fun, had a few halloween gatherings, etc. but just felt down and easily aggravated... which makes me think AF is on it's way.

My bbs are tender and a little painful, but I take progesterone suppositories and for some reason they always hurt when I am using them. Other than that, not much symptoms at all. I feel like I'm ovulating again today which is weird, but the pain is definitely in my ovaries. It seems to be hurting on both sides though, almost like a slow burn I wouldn't necessarily call them cramps.

That is weird about the cheese thing!!! I often have hard-boiled eggs and fruit for lunch and i did that last Thursday and I swear the eggs tasted like lemon ha ha. I haven't touched one since. Hopefully it didn't turn me off from them permanently!! Maybe they were just bad eggs!

I am sure I will test again in the morning. I can tell myself I won't, but I know that I will! I just need to know every day! Still have my fingers crossed... don't want to count myself out just yet. And I'm sending baby dust your way too!!!!

9 years ago

LOL! I have never been able to eat hard boiled eggs...especially alone. Unless it's deviled or in something that can mask the smell and taste...lol...mostly the smell though. But eggs are very good for you and I do love eggs just not that way. I love soft boiled and sunny side up. I hear though that you have to be careful eating it that way when you are PG though.

It sounds like your symptoms and my symptoms were very similar this weekend!

9 years ago

I'm going nuts been testing the last week with neg results so I have to wait til tomorrow to see if aunt flow comes if she doesn't my 3 year will be so happy he's been asking for any baby even try's to keep my friends babies.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo