Community post

Discussion

Two weeks wait and symptoms!!

View Full Post

Hi,
I just did my iui on July 25th 2014(day 12 of my cycle)....and now in Tww....just want to find some way to pass this time soon....any cycle buddies?? I'm trying to read into each n every symptom....had a miscarriage in feb and now keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP...for now jus have mild cramps similar to ovulation pain...I know it's too early but can't help it...I just want a .... to all those who r TTC.....

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies!

Well, arrived. Part of me was really hoping this was our month. But I think I am OK with it. Don't get me wrong...I am very disappointed because here we did all that BD clustering to have it turn out this way. But at least we tried it. Not doing that again this month...poor DH struggled with it and just not sure I can put him through that again. We have this month to try on our own and then I call the doctors office to have them look into the cost of IUI. I pray this is our month. Would be a nice Anniversary gift to us next year.

I am fighting an annoying sore throat today to top it off. Would have loved to stay home and curled up watching movies today...but my DH is watching his kids during the day today and tomorrow and I am just not in the mood to watch cartoons and be around them today. I feel horrible for saying that...maybe it's because I keep hearing them talk about their aunt and uncle getting ready to have their baby and it just feels like they are rubbing it in my face. First they mention how it didn't take them that long to get pregnant and then they ask why it's taking us that long and then they talk about how the baby is due in a week or 2. At the moment I don't need to hear it...I can typically brush it off but today is NOT one of those days. But I may end up leaving early if I still feel like crap later.

MarieL13: Welcome! It really is a struggle. Every month I keep thinking the symptoms are all there and then AF arrives. So I know exactly what you are going through. When does you DH get deployed? How long is he gone for? That must be very hard to do. Have you two discussed freezing his sperm? I saw someone mention they were doing that in another post. Because of her DH was going to be gone for a few months as well that he gave a sample and this way she was able to continue doing IUI during that time. She said something about how she was going to be able to get like 3 chances out of it or something...I might've misunderstood what she had said with that. But it couldn't hurt to ask your doctor about it. I do hope you get your BFP before he leaves though.

Sinrap & brandy257: Glad you ladies will be around as well. It does help to have a support group of ladies in the same boat as I am!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Hi MarieL13,
I completely understand....hope you get preggy before your hubby leaves ...or u can check with ur doctor about freezing as lolo1176 said...just to find out other options...my hubby keeps travelling due to work and I also had trouble in planning my cycles but for now he's cut down his travel a little....it happens so easily for some people and for us it's such a big struggle...so unfair

Lolo1176: Sorry abt ur AF...mine hasn't come n driving me crazy ...even I keep getting crazy symptoms which make me feel pregnant and finally get a followed by AF...if u have any doubts about iui, feel free to ask me....and hope u get through without needing one

9 years ago • Post starter

Sorry Lolo1176... I am in the exact same boat, got AF first thing this morning. Called the doctor to arrange for IUI this month and to beg her if she can numb me lol. She apologized profusely for the pain last time - no joke I was soaked in sweat and almost passed out - but that she had never come across this issue previoulsy. She thinks she can numb me locally but wants to double check to make sure it won't interfere with IUI and will let me know.

So either way, we'll try again this month but man am I scared and praying she can numb me!! (My husband says if she can't he's getting me drunk before hand - totally kidding of course! He just hated watching me like that).

Welcome Mariel13!! Hopefully next month is the one for us all!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

Brandy257: so sorry dear...keep trying...let's not give up until we see that ....it'll be nice if they can numb u...but not sure if they do that...mine was not that bad, quite tolerable...hopefully this shud be ur month I might take a break this month but haven't decided yet...

Thanks ladies! I am a bit bummed that this is not our month but at the same time I am ok with it. My ideal months to have a baby would be April-Oct. I want to be able to celebrate outdoor birthday parties for my baby if the weather permits it. A bit hard to do in the Winter months...however if I am meant to have a Winter baby I will take it. That is why I said, "my ideal months". April was a bit early still...the weather is so iffy in April. Especially where I'm from...WI. So having a May or even June baby would be great.

Sinrap: Do they have you on any progesterone meds? That could be holding up AF. Hope she doesn't arrive for you and this is still your month!

brandy257: Awww I'm sorry to you too that AF arrived. Looks like you and I are on the same exact day though.

You know when I had to go in for an HSG the doc told me to take 3 Ibuprofin 30 minutes before the appt because of how painful it can be pushing through the cervix...especially when it's closed. I definitely found it uncomfortable but it was tolerable thanks to the Ibuprofin. I know you aren't supposed to take Ibuprofin during your TWW but ask your doctor if you can't get numb if you can take something before hand to help with the pain. Maybe even 3 Tylenol. During O time, even during your fertile time your cervix should be soft and even slightly open...you may just have a tight cervix. That's what my doc told me I had and he had to stretch it open during my Lap...thankfully I was knocked out when he did it. He said now it will stay open for a few months so hopefully that will help with me getting PG...he says now it's kinda like I have had a kid already. He said women who have had kids previously their cervix is always slightly open...that is when they had natural childbirth.

Hopefully this month is our Month!!!

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Yes lolo1176....I was taking prog meds and stopped it yesterday after getting a negative beta...it didn't work out this time...most probably I'll get in a day or two....

Well, it's sad we all had BFN's but at least we are all around the same time frame. Hopefully this will be our month!

9 years ago

It is funny that we are all around the same time.. what are the chances? The whole situation sucks but misery loves company I guess!

Good news on this end, I got to talk to my doctor today and she CAN numb me for the IUI! Apparently I have scar tissue blocking my cervix from previous surgeries and I have adenomyosis and endometriosis (which I knew that part) and basically just constant pain, always has been... So she said she is going to prescribe Xanax for me to relax and then do a topical numbing. Whew that makes me feel a little better!

Now I just need to relax and try not to worry about the impending IUI lol.. if it works it will all be worth it! We are sneaking away to OCMD next weekend to try to de-stress while we wait for O day.

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

brandy257: YAY! Glad they can numb you!

AFM: Well, my weekend started early. I am home with a head cold. Or at least the start of one. :( AF seems to have stopped but I am sure she will start up again...I have never had AF only last 1 1/2 days...or at least I don't remember it. This stupid cold is also making me nauseous...I wish I could just throw up all this mucus.

Really hoping I feel better by the end of the weekend.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend.

9 years ago

How are you ladies doing?

This week is my fertile week. Praying I didn't miss it yesterday. I had ewcm yesterday but didn't BD till this morning. Forgot to use my OPK yesterday morning too...which is why I am worried I missed it. But I also haven't been O'ing till later in the past couple months. Good thing I still have about 5 more days of OPK's before I have to buy more. Hoping I see a positive before I have to buy more...lol. Not going to be able to BD again until Wed night.

FX'd for us all this month!

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo