Community post

Discussion

Women in late 20's to mid 30's TTC#1 for 6mos or less

View Full Post

Hi All,

I'm trying to find some women in the same situation as myself - I'm 33 years old and TTC#1 since September 2013. Although I feel like I'm just getting the hang of timing my ovulation and paying attention to my body's symptoms and what they could possibly mean. This last cycle I really thought I was pregnant, and then the "witch" ended up showing up a little later than usual and it threw me off and I got sad, but now I'm just going to try to relax and have some fun with the whole baby making process and try to find some women in the same shoes as myself. So, if you are and you would like to share comments or have questions - please do!

I look forward to finding some cycle buddies!

~GB1020

User Image

135 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 135 Replies | Last Page

Hi all. I'm 30 and DH is 29. TTC # 1, just actively started trying on Christmas eve and the 26th. AF due 1/10 but of course hoping for BFP by my birthday 1/16. I'm overly paying attention to everything my body does. So everything is a symptom. Sending baby dust to you all. XO

10 years ago

Hello Ladies....Really glad to see your posts..I am also trying to conceive baby number one. Been trying since September 2013. I don't know how but this month i just feel it is the month for me. Been really worried about it. I am currently 8dpo and waiting for AF not to show. So far i feel gassy a lot,been cramping since ovulation and it hasn't stopped and i get vivid dreams but i don't know if its because i am anxious to get pregnant. Any symptons 8dpo? Thanks ladies...x

10 years ago

GB1020-

Well we have been TTC since October 2013. I stopped taking the pill after being on it for 12 years in September 2013! I really believe it was my ultra low carb diet plus exercise.. I am bigger and i started the Carb Nite Solution diet, which is similar to Atkins but you get a "carb night" once every 7 days. I also started strengthening with bands and the Brazil butt lift workout DVD, and I had lost about 15 pounds. Then I was suspicious of being pregnant, and finally got my confirmation after being 8 days late. I read a lot online about how low carb and ultra low carb diets boost your fertility and studies have shown four times more women get pregnant on this type of diet. My husband and I tried about 4 years ago to get pregnant and it didnt happen- I was off the pill for 8 months at that time and eating a regular diet with no exercise. So now I have my first OB appointment next Thursday :) I believe I am a little over 6 weeks along!!

10 years ago

Welcome to all the newcomers on the forum! Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes to all and let's hope for lots of BFP's to start off the New Year!!

@Brandittc1 - Good luck to you and your DH! I hope you get your BFP sooner than later :)

@mollykay - I've been trying since Sept 2013 as well, so this is my 4th cycle and I'm currently in my TWW - every month this is the worst! I have positive feelings about this month, but not too positive so if I see a BFN I won't get too disappointed. I have an appt for my yearly in February and I'm hoping I'll be pregnant by then, and if not hopefully my doctor can give me some good advice! I think the symptoms you have are promising and sound good, so FX'd for you!

@TTC1608 - Congrats to you and your DH!!
I know I could definitely stand to lose a few lbs and stregthen my core, would only benefit me -for myself and for carrying a baby. I have a bad back (rods from a spinal fusion) and I probably need to lose about 20 lbs. I have not been exercising at all except for my commute home from work each week day - I walk about a mile and half...at least it's something, right. Going to try to start getting on my elliptical, start stretching, using my hand weights, etc. at home after work a couple nights a week. So hard to get motivated! Good luck to you and I wish you a healthy pregnancy!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Hey everyone,
I usually never post in forums, but I'm in the same boat as most of yall here. I am 27 and have been TTC since October 2013. The first month, I didn't know what I was doing at all (not tracking ovulation), and the second month I was super stressed out from my job so I think that was the culprit, but now I am not working and super relaxed, and tracking my ovulation through ovulation predictor kits, and made sure I was ttc during the fertile window... and I tested this morning (1 day before expected period) and it was negative. I try to not expect a BFP, but I can't help but get bummed out when it's not. :( Shouldn't 1 day before your expected period come out positive if you are in fact pregnant?
A friend of mine was TTC for over 6 months and she took something called Fertilaid and it worked for her right away. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I'll try whatever works.
Also, do yall know if boxer briefs on the guy restrict sperm? It isn't super tight so I don't think it should matter..?
Let me know if you have any advice ladies!!

Thanks, Sara

10 years ago

Hi Sara. Welcome! I've heard good things about fertile aid but don't know much about it. Don't get discouraged! It's still early in the game for you and you could still be pregnant even though you got a BFN. Wait til you're a couple days past your due date and test again. Good luck!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi Sara-

I have to tell you- don't get bummed if it's not a BFP yet!! Keep positive thoughts because let me tell you my story. I was having some early pregnancy symptoms for like 2 weeks and then my AF was late... I tested every other day from the day of my missed period on with the first response early tests and cheap dollar tree ones and I did not get a FAINT positive until 8 days after my missed period lol. I was soooo bummed every time it was negative and I thought for sure I wasn't but then low and behold I was! I am now 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. I didn't get a positive without first morning urine until about 11 days after missed period. Also I heard first response gives more false negatives, and they were all negative until that 8th day late and that's with an EPT early result. So give it a few days and try EPT :) my girlfriend at work is 19 weeks now and she didn't test positive until two weeks after AF was supposed to show. So hang in there and baby dust to you :) keep us all updated!!!

10 years ago

Hi everyone! Im CD3 of month 6 ttc #1. Husband & I have been together 10 years and have been ttc since Aug this year right after we married but no such luck. I know going on to 6 months isn't that long but Its very frustrating and the TWW feels like forever although im always trying to find things to do to keep my mind busy during that time.I also find myself becoming envious of our pregnant friends and of those who have just had babies i do wish them all the happiness and health with their little miracles but they all got pregnant very quickly and my husband and I are the only ones without children within our group of friends! Its very disappointing when AF arrives bang on time each month and i find myself having 5 minutes of crying when i test and its BFN however This month im going to be positive and not stress or worry and hope for a BFP in January'14. I wish all you ladies lots of baby dust and luck and hope the new year brings you all your BFP.
P.s its great to just vent on here. Xxx

10 years ago

Hi Sarah, I'm Melissa, I just ordered fertilaid and maca supplement for DH. He has low sperm ct due to VR so I'm hoping this will increase it faster. Doc said it could be a year for his count to go back to high enough to get me preggers. I'm praying fertilaid and faith speed it up! I'll keep y'all posted. :)

Wife of Vetran:27 DD: 3 & DD: 19mos

10 years ago

Hi, everyone and happy new year!!!

Lots of baby dust for us in 2014 and positive thoughts (positive pregnancy tests also!)

Today I got a positive for ovulation, so, until tuesday, I plan to BD as often as DH and I can handle. We BD yesterday, but that was just for fun (YAY for new year!).

Good luck, everyone.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo