Community post

Discussion

Anyone going through IVF/ICSI or planning to soon?

Hi All,

My DH and I are both 33 years old and have been TTC#1 for a while now. Finally went to the RE doctor in February 2014 and was told my DH has azoospermia (no sperm, has a blockage) and that he wanted me to lose 30lbs. I am currently down 24 lbs and my DH went to a urologist and they weren't concerned about the blockage or trying to unblock it, said we will have to go through IVF/ICSI in order to conceive. I had a HSG scan done and my tubes are free and clear and in working order. I was diagnosed with PCOS in February 2014, have all symptoms pretty much except for the fact that I have normal cycles and I do ovulate each month.

I'm looking for women that are also going through IVF/ICSI or are planning to start it soon. My doctor is still perfoming tests to make sure my DH and I qualify for it, then we need to get approval from our insurance company and then we're hoping to start the first cycle in August! I just hope all goes well and we do in fact qualify and that we conceive within first 3 cycles and the baby sticks! I'm petrified as anything to get put under anethesia for the egg retrieval, and give myself shots every day for 3 months, but in the end i know it will be worth it all.

Look forward to receiving responses and finding some IVF/ICSI buddies.

Thanks!

User Image

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi GB,

I recently turned 28, DH is 39. I was diagnosed with PCOS in spring of 2012, so I knew I was probably going to have some issues. In November of last year I started seeing an endocrinologist for the PCOS and at the end of March she sent me to an RE where they further confirmed PCOS. We had planned to do the whole clomid routine. Then DH got his SA analysis back and yesterday was diagnosed with severe MFI. Count was 1.9 mil, low motility, low morph. The RE told us that our only option is IVF/ICSI. DH has to get further testing done with a urologist (which can take 4-5 weeks go get results). The HSG showed my tubes were clear, but they want to do a 3D ultrasound of my uterus because it might have a weird shape.We also would have to get approval from insurance in order to do IVF. So not sure when we will be starting the whole process, but we are in a similar boat as you and your DH.

Hope you guys qualify with your insurance!

9 years ago

Hey Ladies,

Starting ICSI in Sept, going to go on holidays before hand just to get ready for the stress ahead. Unfortunately paying for it ourselves so hopefully it will work on the first round........DH is 38, i'm 33. Found out on Friday that DH has a very low sperm count so it's our only option.
We've been trying for two years and to be honest I'm actually relieved that they found an issue rather that telling us to keep trying.

Wish you both the very best of luck XX

9 years ago

I just got my blood work rechecked today thru the ivf center and it is a 30.0, last time which was about a month ago it was 25.6. Anyone know what could be causin this other than if I may have a pituitary tumor? I'm freaking myself out trying to research online. Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated! All my other hormone levels are good and in the right range except for this one :(. I was diagnosed with PCOS in February and my dr prescribed me phentermine (generic form of adipex) and I'm down 30lbs. Could that be causing my high prolactin level? I'm so scared right now and don't know what to do or how to feel. There is a slight possibility I could be pregnant. I'm 12dpo today but I really don't think that is it, but is that a sign of early pregnancy? Please help!!!

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

What has your doctor said about it? It looks like it is only slightly elevated. According to this site, some women with PCOS have slightly elevated levels of prolactin, and you seem to fall within the range these women do: http://www.obgyn.net/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos/hormone-levels-and-pcos. Your levels are only slightly elevated, and usually over 200 is indicative of a pituitary tumor. It also appears there are unexplained causes. Also looks like levels can vary based on whether or not you were fasting when blood was taken and where you were in your menstrual cycle. It's hard not to assume the worst, but since your levels are really only slightly above normal I don't think you should be super freaked out (easier said than done) and talk to your doctor about it. PCOS is an endocrine disorder that affects all sorts of hormones. It also is higher in pregnant women since it is involved in lactation. Here's an article about various causes: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003718.htm. Hope you get answers soon!

9 years ago

Mine is/ was high as well. Last fall it was in the 60s & my doctor thought it may be due to nipple stimulation. We stopped that. Last one ~a month ago was only 5 points above normal. I think somewhere like 32. Somewhere I read it may be related to hypothyroidism, which I didn't have last fall, but was diagnosed with earlier this year. In the end, they chalked it up to stress, as levels would be VERY elevated with a pituitary tumor. I read somewhere that B6 would lower a high prolactin level. Some say high prolactin is related to PCOS, but I don't have that.
Try Googling B6 supplements & de-stressing to lower prolactin. I now use a guided meditation app, walking on a wooded trail next to a lake, violin lessons, reading, listening to Pandora and doing other things that make me happy to lower it. It'll be interesting for me to see what my prolactin level is next month. GL!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo