Community post

Discussion

Women in late 20's to mid 30's TTC#1 for 6mos or less

View Full Post

Hi All,

I'm trying to find some women in the same situation as myself - I'm 33 years old and TTC#1 since September 2013. Although I feel like I'm just getting the hang of timing my ovulation and paying attention to my body's symptoms and what they could possibly mean. This last cycle I really thought I was pregnant, and then the "witch" ended up showing up a little later than usual and it threw me off and I got sad, but now I'm just going to try to relax and have some fun with the whole baby making process and try to find some women in the same shoes as myself. So, if you are and you would like to share comments or have questions - please do!

I look forward to finding some cycle buddies!

~GB1020

User Image

135 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 135 Replies | Last Page

Better luck this cycle Brandi!

Sara - Sorry got you this cycle. Keep your chin up, you're still early in TTC. I know it sucks to hear that, trust me I do, but you are. If you look under the Tools & Tickers tab on this site and go to Intercourse Timing Calculator - they have all different methods of having intercourse to get pregnant...maybe try a different one every month? I think you should definitely stay horizontal after you BD for at least 20-30 min. I feel like if we get up and go pee right away it's bye bye sperm lol. I laid with pillows under my butt and legs up against wall for 30 min last night - hoping it does the trick...we shall see! I'm on my 3rd day of +opk tests. First two days I had blinking smiley face which means high fertility days and then today I had a still smiley face which means peak. Hoping this is my cycle!!! This is cycle #5 for me TTC so I know how you feel!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Staying horizontal is a great idea. I usually have to pee afterwords, lol. I will start putting a pillow under my bottom and see how that goes. Great ideas ladies.

10 years ago

Well showed up yesterday so no for me this cycle . And we just found out that my boyfriend has a disc protrusion between his l3 and l4 disc so no BD'ing for us for at least the next month . Or until he gets better. He was told to take a month off work and do lots of therapy, Will hopefully alleviate his symptoms so he can function and not be in pain. I just went back to work after being off myself for two months after carpal tunnel release surgery in November. We have only been TTC for three months now. I am trying to relax and just focus on getting back in the swing of things and taking care of my boyfriend. It will be a good month to just track my symptoms I suppose.

User Image

10 years ago

AutieBell - Sorry showed up, sending positive vibes and your way for your next cycle!

If anyone plans on testing around Valentine's Day - I created a board so we can all check in on each other's symptoms and keep eachother company on our TWW period...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=46996

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Good luck AuntieBell & keep the faith! GB1020, I will be testing on Vaelntines day!!! Will keep you posted.

10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I realized I need to relax and no stress too much. It will happen when it is meant to happen. Need to get back to healthy and semi-normal life. So lots of luck to everyone. For now I will be just tracking!

User Image

10 years ago

We will start bding every day this month. I'm only on cd 6 so probably won't o for a week, but I heard that the week before is the most important.

Wife of Vetran:27 DD: 3 & DD: 19mos

10 years ago

SO...I got my BFP!! :))) My EDD is October 8, 2014. But I have a question for you ladies. I had some light bleeding 2 days ago that lasted for 2 days (approx. 3 days before AF was due). Yesterday nothing, it all stopped. So, I took a HPT and faint pink line! This morning I took another and the line is def darker. I have some light spotting today though. Is this normal?? Today was the day AF was due. This is my first time being pregnant so I don't know!

10 years ago

Congrats jpm805!!! I'm glad the baby dust is working!! As for spotting, I would normally suggest that it is implantation spotting.. but that typically occurs around 9 dpo, and not on AF day. But it could most definitely still be implantation (maybe just late implantation?), since you got a BFP! If you are getting a BFP, that means the hcg pregnancy hormone is there, so perhaps google 'implantation spotting on AF day', and see what it says. I would keep testing throughout the week to make sure.

Now *baby dust* to everyone else too!!
-Sara

10 years ago

Yes that is implantation bleeding. 30% of women get it. If you're worried call your obgyn :) congrats!!!

Wife of Vetran:27 DD: 3 & DD: 19mos

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo