Community post

Discussion

Women in late 20's to mid 30's TTC#1 for 6mos or less

Hi All,

I'm trying to find some women in the same situation as myself - I'm 33 years old and TTC#1 since September 2013. Although I feel like I'm just getting the hang of timing my ovulation and paying attention to my body's symptoms and what they could possibly mean. This last cycle I really thought I was pregnant, and then the "witch" ended up showing up a little later than usual and it threw me off and I got sad, but now I'm just going to try to relax and have some fun with the whole baby making process and try to find some women in the same shoes as myself. So, if you are and you would like to share comments or have questions - please do!

I look forward to finding some cycle buddies!

~GB1020

User Image

135 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 135 Replies | Last Page

Hi! I'm 31 (almost 32) and my husband and I just started TTC. My cycle is pretty normal and I have not been on BC for about 6 years. My cycle ranges from 26-28 days (if it starts on the 26th day it is close to midnight and if it starts on the 28th day it's early A.M.) I had a lot of problems with ovarian cysts when I was younger (while I was on BC) as soon as I stopped taking any BC they stopped too. Confused my Dr. because the Pill is supposed to help. LOL Anyways I really feel like I am pregnant this cycle. Today is day 28 and no normal PMS signs (& boy do I get them normally) took 5 tests, 3 different brands, and 4 had really faint lines in the positive section during the 10 min reading window. Those 4 tests got darker as hours passed so I don't know if they are Evap lines. I also had no clue that Evap lines are such an issue. Now I'm just trying to be patient and wait... My DH doesn't know yet that I've done any tests, he would be too excited. Can anyone FFWD to Saturday for me? I hope that we both get a BFP soon! I have always been afraid that I can't conceive. I really am trying to stay positive throughout this process. <3

10 years ago

@HaoleGirl18 - how exciting! Is this your first month TTC? I hope you're right on your feeling and that you are pregnant! I was hoping to tell my husband on xmas eve - I bought a t-shirt online that said Keep Calm I'm Going To Be A Dad, and I was going to wrap it and give it to him on xmas eve, but I guess someone has other plans for me! I'll just have to hold on to it until the time comes :)

I also have about the same cycle as you - 26 to 28 days, and I usually test positive for LH surge on the 11-12th day which means I probably ovulate on the 12-13th day of my cycle. Right now I'm on CD02, and I can't wait for AF to be gone so me and hubby can get back to work, lol. I got us a hotel room for next weekend to spice things up a little bit, and try to have more fun with the whole baby making process! My doctor thinks I may have endometriosis, but there's not 100% way to be sure unless he does a scope surgery, and I don't want to do that yet, if I can't get pregnant after trying for 6 mos, then I will have the scope procedure done. I have had an internal ultrasound to check things out and that went well - nothing abnormal so that's a plus.

It is one of my biggest fears in life to not be able to have and carry my own children (I have metal rod in my back from scoliosis surgery - but I've gotten the OK from my Dr.), but I just have to keep believing that it will happen. I feel like I'm the type of person that was just born to be a mother, and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

[baby_dust] [good_luck]

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

@GB1020

Good luck to you too! That shirt will be a good gift no matter the time of year :-)

I had a Dr. try to say endometriosis for me too when I was much younger. I lost my health insurance after that and went a few years without any. But surprisingly when I stopped taking the BC almost all my issues went away and my system kind of regulated itself. But that is why I've always had a nagging, negative little voice in the back of my head that I'll never have kids. I've always wanted to be a Mom. For a Kindergarten pageant of What You Want a To Be When You Grow Up- I was the original Octo-mom. Haha but seriously my Mom attached Cabbage Patch kids all over me! So I understand both your feelings of destined to be a Mom and concerns that it may not happen.

I am praying, sending positive vibes, baby dust, wishing, hoping and more that your hotel trip knocks you up ;-) Good luck! Keep me updated!

Lindsey

10 years ago

Hi GB1020-

My name is Jackie, I'm 27 years old and me and my hubby have also been TTC #1 since September 2013. That is when I stopped the pill for good which I've been taking for 12 years. We TTC about 4 years ago for 8 months or so and nothing happened then. I had 27-28 day cycles and was ovulating every month according to my kits. This time around, same thing 27-28 day cycles and ovulating. In November I had a really weird 3 day period that ended suddenly without tapering off, then a week later spotting and cramping. Checked my OPK for days before and after the cramping and it never showed a LH surge. So I assumed I ovulated the week earlier and that was maybe implantation? I am now 6 days late CD 34 and all BFN's!! Ugh so frustrating so I am just waiting. Going to test every few days now until 2 weeks late and then going to the doctor. I really hope you get a BFP soon! :-) would love to be buddies on here :-)

10 years ago

@ HaoleGirl18 - how are you doing? Have you tested at all? I hope you get your BFP soon!!

@TTC1608 -Hi Jackie and welcome to this Forum! I wish you nothing but health, positive thinking and baby dust your way!!! I hope AF doesn't come and that you also get a BFP soon!! Keep us posted!!

User Image

@GB1020

Still no AF, now 4 days late. No PMS symptoms like normal except very minor "cramping"... But I have been constipated and gassy (my DH is LOVING the latter hahahahahaa) So this morning I took a FRER test again (1st one was so faint I felt like I was seeing things) and it's a BFP!! Much darker line, no denying it! Shocked to say the least. Going for bloodwork on Monday so my fingers are still crossed. After reading so much stuff on the internet I'm praying like crazy it isn't a chemical (I would only be about 4 1/2 weeks)

Sending you baby dust, positive thoughts and prayers! I'll keep you posted :-)

10 years ago

Hi all, I'm 27 and been TTC #1 for 6 months. Came off the pill in March this year, both myself and DH have no fertility problems. Just playing the waiting game! I have gotten slightly addicted to POAS, and found symptom spotting really hard because everything you read says a symptom can be pregnancy or AF. GB1020 I'm in the same boat about trying to relax. At first all I did was symptom spot and obsess over what I was eating or doing, but now I'm trying to relax about the process.

10 years ago

@HaoleGirl18 - OMG! How exciting. Fingers crossed for you on Monday, but it sounds like you got a Christmas miracle baby on the way!! Keep us posted and positive vibes your way! Rub some of that lucky baby dust our way LOL. But seriously, I'm very happy for you and your DH. Congrats!!!!

@Teffidy - Welcome to the forum. Yes I find it very hard not to take a HPT every day during the TWW period lol. I'm DYING to see a BFP on a test soon! I'm hoping by February we will get one! That will be 6 months of us trying. It's so hard to see family and friends getting their BFP's and adding on to their family when that's everything you want and are trying so hard for. I really so believe the stress is a big reason some women don't get pregnant some months though so this next month I'm going to just really try to relax and have FUN trying to conceive rather than stressing about conceiving. Hoping my hotel weekend next weekend will do te trick! We will be away and having fun have a few drinks, gamble, see a show aybar and just have fun together. So let's hope that works and I wish you baby dust and that you get your BFP soon too - maybe we will get it around the same time!! What cycle day are you on? I'm on CD04 and I should ovulate in about 7-8 days and my cycle is usually around 28 days.

User Image

@GB1020 - I'm on CD06, so about a week from ovulating and I've been having quite short cycles recently, around 26 days, which makes plotting my ovulation hard. This cycle I'm trying Ovulation tests, so we'll see what happens. Your weekend away sounds awesome, I hope you have a lovely time!

10 years ago

Faint BFP this morning on EPT! So excited and hoping it's not a false positive. They have all been negative up until this morning 8 days late :-) woohoo!!

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo