Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in May 2015, regardless if first or last child.

246 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 246 Replies | Last Page

Cate... I know how that feels... The "doctor talk" My husband was very unhappy with the doctor for the simple reason that she sugar coats the possible outcomes... The last time she told me, "perfect, so you come in for the pregnancy test next week and we WILL hear some good news... I'm confident"... When you hear that from an "expert" it gives you hope... And soon after I got my period... She should say it as it is... Doctor's know the stats from experience and they should manage the expectations properly especially for women vulnerable trying to conceive... After that she said "don't worry, don't get frustrated, you're doing everything you can..." And in mind I aw like... "Well, I'm frustrated with you, and doesn't seem like you are doing everything you can"...
Last week she told me, "your hormone levels are looking good... And next week we will do your pregnancy test with some good news... But I won't be able to tell you if they are twins until about two weeks after..." When you hear that, it gives you hope,,, but knowing her, I just shed those comments off... Now I know better...
Her office is 1.5 hours a drive each way... So considering everything I'm definitely changing my doctor if I get a BFN this Monday.

Again, apologies for a long post... Just sharing my experiences.

9 years ago

While - I would blame that on hormones :) Use OPKs everyday and if you get a positive just BD as much as you can. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will not get + till Monday :)
Follicles grow on average 1-2 mm per day so I think you should be just fine :) Fingers crossed.

AFM - nothing going on. I have no idea if I ovulated or not this cycle. Today is CD#31 and I noticed a hormonal change sorry for TMI but I finally got some sexual drive :D For the past few weeks I could care less if we had sex or not (I actually preferred NOT) and finally last night we just had a crazy sex - ughhh I was missing it for so long and I know it was me not him. I think all the IUIs and IVF got to me and basically it all became a job. Pumping my body with crazy hormones was not helping and then chemical pregnancy - well hormonal shifts were crazy for me. Hopefully this is all behind and the next IVF will be easier :) and less stressful.
Few more days and I will be in Poland - I will try my hardest to check on you girls.

Anyone testing soon?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

basia.. enjoy it!
cate mat you are right. I believe that it is their job to know it. I dont know if i should be angry, i am beginning of feeling so, but I started TTC when I was 34, I have changed two doctors and nobody ever told me that might be endo, lets do laparoscopisis. Next week I will be 39 and I am in hurry for the IVF because time has gone for me. All the other tests are more than super. So good, that we worry if the insurance dont cover the meds, because they do so only if they thnk that ivf is necessary, and they dont count the age. Was I unlucky? Maybe, that pregnancy that didnt go well mislead everybody, as we beleived that i can conceive naturally.

Good luck for all!!!!

9 years ago

kethryes - it can be a pain to deal with insurances. I believe that since infertility is a medical condition the insurance should be covering the treatment just like they do for anything else. My clinic is awesome and they have a designated person who takes care of the calling and approving everything.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Good morning Ladies,

Basia - I hear you on the hormones. The difference was my sex drive was through the roof last week and now its gone away again.

kethryes - I'm sorry that your appointment did go as well as you hoped. The 4 hour wait would have really bothered me. I hope everything is good to go with the insurance s that you can get started realy quickly.

Momtobeeeee - That is frustrating. I mean I understand that she wants to make you feel good about the experience but still don't sugar coat it that much.

CateMat - That was a nice thing for your doctor to say. I'm glad it helped.

while - FX that your follicles are developing normally and that your O hold off until next week. 3 well developed ones would be great.

AFM - This week I'm super cranky and irritable. I'm assuming my its just my hormones leveling out but still. I'm really hoping that AF comes early this month just so I can get on with things.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

9 years ago

Momtobeeeee, I've never heard of any restrictions on air travel (except at the very end of pregnancy). Although it is a good idea to get up and walk around a bit every now and again.

AFM, looks like just another chemical pregnancy. I'm 16 or 18dpo, pregnancy test this morning was sooooooo faint I'm not sure if it's just a solid BFN and I've just got line eye. Sucks. I've lost count, I think that makes 8. :( So, hopefully AF will make an appearance soon, we're going to change things up next cycle and I will take estradiol from day 1 and clomid 50mg on days 3-7.

Everybody else, I'm sending you my best!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

essemkay - so sorry girl - did they run any extra tests since it is happening over and over again?

9 years ago

I'm 46, we assume that my eggs are just really crappy - although I think my superthin lining was also a factor this time.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Essemekay - thanks for sharing your thoughts.,, and I'm so sorry to hear about you... I was on clomid 100 and got my AF 14DPO... Not sure if that counts as chemical... I'm not really sure how to tell an AF from chemical pregnancy...

Marie - I'm very convinced that I'm not pregnant... I don't know May be it's the anxiety talking... Just tired and anxious ladies...

Sigh

9 years ago

I meant Margie

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo