Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in May 2015, regardless if first or last child.

246 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 246 Replies | Last Page

hi ladies sorry i have been mia, but it is the end of the school year in pre-k and we are all a little nuts. i started WAY early this cycle only 23 days..... crazy. i want to try iui again with inj meds in july or aug. i also want to have my amh levels redone. if they are still way low at .5 maybe it is time to really think if iui or even ivf will be sucessfull?

8 years ago

Texasgirl13, I think as far as AMH levels go, your worst measure is most likely the correct measure - it's supposed to be an indicator of your egg reserve and you're not going to suddenly start making more eggs.

But as long as the number isn't zero, you've got eggs there - it's just a matter of finding the right one!

If I were you, I'd stop with the IUIs and look into IVF. There are some clinics who do mini-IVFs which may be a better option for you and certainly less costly. There used to be one in New York (New Hope? maybe that's the name) that was doing free mini-IVF cycles, there's an age cutoff and other requirements (like you can't have done IVF before), but I'd google it. I don't know if they still are doing it, but if they are, the cost of a trip to New York is certainly nothing compared to the cost of a cycle.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

8 years ago

@texas- I agree and think IVF is going to be best for you. I have a low amh level of 1, and I am only 27. Luckily my body responding pretty well and we got a lot of eggs, but after it was all said and done, one took, and we have two frozen. More frozen would have been nice. When we learned of my amh level, we agreed to move full steam ahead as i knew it wouldnt get any better. However, i cannot stress enough...if you have not done acupuncture, start it. You will not regret it and i totally believe it can make or break and IVF cycle.

8 years ago

I visited my clinic tonight and I will be going for blood test as soon as I get back from my vacation. Few days later I should start Lupron and we are looking at mid of June for IVF :) yey :)

Poland here I come :D - I'm at JFK airport waiting :)

Good luck ladies hopefully all IUIs and IVFs go well and we will see lots of BFPs

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Today 14days post IUI I've done another test. A clear blue this time. I tested at 12dpiui with FRER and got a very firm BFN but today's test showed a very faint vertical line across the control horizontal line. We both saw it. I'm really not sure what to make of it. I really don't want to get my hopes up obviously. Have you guys had anything like this? How did it turn out?

User Image

8 years ago

KeepingPositive, test again later. Some ladies had stronger positives in the evening. Are you scheduled for a blood test to confirm??

TexasGirl, I know nothing about AMH levels so...what they said. :)

Basia, have so much fun and relax and then you can get the party started again when you get back!!

Momtobe - hoping your situation turns around. It definitely is no fun!

AFM I'm 11dpo and I'm having some twinges. This year I'm pretty sure I've turned psycho in examining every twinge and pull in hoping it's implantation. Would be awesome if it happened. Plan to test this weekend but AF isn't supposed to even come for another week. Good note is once it's here, we'll start the IVF process!

8 years ago • Post starter

Good morning ladies,

Red - I'm glad you have a positive outlook either way. I hear you on feeling psyco about every twinge.

KP - FX that this is your BFP. I had a test that didn't even start showing positive until 15 DPO so it might have just been late implantation.

Basia - Have fun on your vacation! I hope you get a chance to relax and recharge before your next IVF cycle.

Texas - I don't know much about AMH so I'll agree with the other ladies.

Momtobeee - I really can't blame you for feeling down. I didn't want to get out of bed for days afterwards. I hope whatever you and your DH decide on how to proceed it will be what's best for you. I definitely hear you on the ladies here being super supportive. It makes it somewhat easier to bear when you have people who can relate.

AFM - Still waiting for AF to show up. I'm really hoping she doesn't make me wait too long for it.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

KeepingPositive! was the thickness of the line the same as the control? If so, that sounds really promising!!

Basia30 Have a wonderful trip!!

red78701 Crossing my everything for ya!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

8 years ago

Basia good luck! All sounds promising.

Momtobeee. You've been through an emotional catapult. Don't be surprised you feel bad right now.

I'm doubting even seeing the faint line now. It faded a bit after the ten minutes so I didn't get a picture or anything. I think it was as thick as the horizontal line yes. I've been reading about blue dye tests though in other forums and they're notoriously vague. I've bought two FRERs and 2 Superdrug brand pink dye tests, so we'll soon see. I'm not very hopeful if things were natural I'd just wait and see what happened but if it's negative I need to order sperm and new prescription of Clomid, Ovitrelle and Progesterone and if it's positive I need to get a prescription for progesterone and Progynova (estrogen) before I run out. IUI/IVF Dilemma!

User Image

8 years ago

@Keeping - my tests were always darker in the afternoon/evening. hopefully you get a very clear bfp soon!

@basia-Have fun on your trip! Excited for you to get away and be all refreshed for your next IVF cycle!

@margie-hoping she doesn't play games with you!

@red-I think its safe to say that we all do that. It's only natural :)

@mom-hope your doing ok.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo