Community post

Discussion

Who wants to try an experiment?!

View Full Post

TWO people that I know of (on this site!) got pregnant recently on their FIRST month trying EVENING PRIMROSE OIL! After TTC for over a year and starting my 3rd clomid cycle, I am ready to give this a whirl! I'm on CD 2 and took my first dose tonight. Anyone else want to see if we can get some more s?!?!?!?

304 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 304 Replies | Last Page

Teacher, I saw on one of the boards about Clomid and one of these supplements. I can't remember if it was EPO or Vitex that you can't take with Clomid. I'm sure you've checked, and this is me being a worry wart! We've all become experts on vits, supplements, and symptoms. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You spend your whole life trying not to get pregnant, and you think it's going to happen so easily when you decide to try. I never realized how many women have to go through all of these experiences until I tried for myself.

Victoria, I can only check my CP from certain positions. I have to check it in the "tampon insertion" position that they show on the instructions. Not sure how to describe it. It's about 6' higher than a hover when you use a public bathroom! :) I can only use one finger. It's also at the back of the va-jay-jay. I've also heard of others who do it by propping one leg up on the bathroom counter. Who knew that TTC would make us all yogi masters!

Joy, hope pulling out all the stops (except for the one that matters!) pays off this cycle. 6 months is a long time! If my one-shot pays off, I'll be testing on 4th of July. Except I'm an ex-pat in South Africa, so it will be just another Monday unless I get that BFP.

Shea, I really liked the EPO. However, I'm hoping that it worked this cycle, because it seems that every month, I add something new to my TTC repertoire. I'm not sure what is new to add after this month!

AFM, thanks for letting me join in. My second post, and I've already told all of you more about my hoo-ha than I have my gyno. And, making terrible jokes! Only 2dpo. Nothing exciting except for the occasional sharp cervix pain as she changes position post-o. Switched to Flax Seed for post-o, so only taking 5 pills a day now, but the FS is as big as a horse pill!

Hope everybody has a good day!

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

tickingclock - Thanks! Hope your one shot pays off!! I totally know what you mean about sharing more on here than we do with out ob/gyn!!

Mamma - Thats the beauty of this site, there always someone who can usually answer your questions. I swear when I started coming on ctp I knew nothing!!

Victoria - Yikes you didn't get af for 3 months?? Thats crazy, I can't even imagine! 6 weeks was too long to wait for me!

Well ctp currently says I am 5dpo, and FF now says 3dpo... thats what I get for going camping during O-time! So gonna try not to stress about what dpo I am and not symptom track as much since I have had every symptom in the book the past 8 months and it always ended in af. And when I did get my bfp last year I would've sworn af was on her way. So gonna try not to obsess about symptoms.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

I don't know if it was chance or not (probably was) but I took Primrose Oil for a couple weeks and I did concieve. Both of my sister-in-laws did also. I was the last one to catch, so the bottle got passed onto me, and since we had been trying nearly 2yrs I figured what do I have to lose?

User Image

12 years ago

Peas - YAY! Thanks for sharing! You give me hope! I like to think that ttc for 2 years and then trying EPO and getting a BFP is more than chance! Thanks for sharing!!!

Ticking - Thank you for your concern! You are so sweet! It is VITEX you can't take while on clomid b/c it could cause ovarian hyperstimulation. EPO is just fine! And thanks for the info on your hoo-ha! I will try after today to see what I can "find"!

Joy - I hate when there is a discrepancy about when O occurred! and have fun symptom obsessing!

Liz - I'm CD 5 today too! How does the baby asprin thing work? When/how much do you take? Do you take it throughout your whole cycle??? I'll try to check cp today but I have tried crouching and still can never feel it. Maybe I have a long va-jay-jay canal !

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies!

Victoria - Thanks! I know I wasnt the one you asked, but I also take baby asprin so I know the deal. LoL! you take one baby asprin per day (preferably at the same time everyday) It can also be called "low dose asprin" and should be an 81mg pill. It is suppsoed to strengthen the lining of the uterus which can prevent some m/c's.

Peas - You totally just brightened my day!! That is awesome that you and your sisters all got pg using EPO! Was it the first month using it for all 3 or you, or just for you?

I so have my hopes up about this cycle... hearing so many people say they were using epo when they concieved is very promising!! for all of us! (If not I wont get to try again for 6 months... maybe longer )

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Thanks Joy! I will pick some up tomorrow. Do you think it is too late to start it? I'm on CD 5 (6 tomorrow). Why can't you try again for 6 months? Did you day dh will be gone? Sorry, I can't remember!

Oh and I found my cervix FINALLY! LOL! I have been reaching behind it (toward my back) and wondering what that hard spongy thing was in there. What an idiot!

12 years ago • Post starter

Peasmommy: thanks for sharing + giving us hope! I agree with victoria, sounds like more than just chance!
Victoria: 81mg of aspirin, its marketed as low dose. Take every day, cd1- whenever. I read that it is suggested for women with history of m/c and chem pg. Its suggested to take until 12wks pg. It increases blood flow to ovaries + uterus and gives placenta a better vascular attachment. Im taking it b/c my dr said a portion of m/c are poor vein development or placental detachment. Since they couldnt tell me 4 sure y it happened and I have no reactions to asa I figured it was worth a shot! Probably should consult ur dr 1st tho. Good luck! I hope we all find what works for us!

12 years ago

Victoria - LoL glad you found it!

I dont think starting on cd5 will matter, you can take it your entire cycle anyway. So I would start it tomorrow for sure!!

As for the 6mos thing, dh is in the airforce so he is supposed to be leaving (tho dates times and even trips can always change) but he is supposed to go before my next O day and might not be home until after Christmas sometimes. So I am really -ing that the first cycle on EPO does the trick for me!!

The worst part is my doc wont see my for infertility stuff untill we have been ttc for a full year without getting pg. Since I had a m/c in the fall of 2010 it hasnt been a year yet, & if dh goes away then we will have to start counting the year from the beginning again when he gets home cause it wont be concecutive! Boo!!

12 years ago

Joy- ugh, I can only imagine how frustrating that would be! DB & I dont live together and the thought that we might miss o day b/c of some inconvenience or another drives me bonkers! Hopefully the epo works its magic you will get your bfp before your DH has to go! My fingers are crossed for you!

Victoria- CONGRATS ON DISCOVERING YOUR CERVIX! Lol!! I never tried to find it before last cycle and was confused about what to look for as well, but as soon as I figured it out and realized 'ITS RIGHT THERE' I almost lol at myself! It helps too, I think, if you see a pic of what a cervix looks like then feel for the same shape, lol! Oh, and im CD 6 today, we must be in a different time zone or something! Im on the west coast of canada (vancouver area) -Liz

12 years ago

Victoria, congrats on your discovery! I knew I wasn't explaining its position well, but like Liz said, when you realize what it is, it's pretty funny. You won't have to worry about this because you're getting your BFP this cycle, but it almost melts into the wall when you're O'ing. So, it's difficult to find around then as well. I actually went and looked up that Vitex was the one and then felt guilty for even putting a niggling of worry there. Should have researched first before typing. :(

Peas, have my fingers crossed for me and the other ladies that the EPO will be the miracle pill this time around for us all!

Joy, have fingers crossed especially for you - 6 months alone is hard enough. Even harder when you have a project that requires two.

Liz, thanks for the info on aspirin. Good to know the reasoning behind it. And, I love Vancouver. Did a study abroad when I was 19 in Victoria.

AFM, have an appt with a OB/GYN tomorrow. Have been putting it off as I didn't want to go until I had my BFP, but have also been hearing stories about how none of them are taking new patients in town. This one is a bit further from where I want to be if I'm in labor, but I think the ones closer to my house are a little more sketchy. It's hard when you move to find new doctors, muchless when you move to a new healthcare system!

Hope everybody has a great day.

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo