Community post

Discussion

Who wants to try an experiment?!

View Full Post

TWO people that I know of (on this site!) got pregnant recently on their FIRST month trying EVENING PRIMROSE OIL! After TTC for over a year and starting my 3rd clomid cycle, I am ready to give this a whirl! I'm on CD 2 and took my first dose tonight. Anyone else want to see if we can get some more s?!?!?!?

304 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 304 Replies | Last Page

Jeez this is ridiculous. I'm getting weepy and emotional while watching a really cool animated video showing human fertilization. (Sperm meets egg). Feel free to laugh.

User Image ***Good luck to everyone!***

12 years ago

Baby4mj: I was crampy and half expecting af when I got my bfp- still crampy @ 6wks pg. What kind of hpt do you use? Would it be possible for you to get beta hcg test (blood test) waaay more sensitive!

12 years ago

I love all of your symptoms and excitement ladies. Ok, I know in the last moments of waiting for a BFP or AF is no fun but I'm very excited for you.
Expectingtoexpect- I know this is ridiculous but when did you get tired? I'm just 1 dpo but cannot bring myself to do ANYTHING today. I'm just hoping maybe my body is accepting some sperm and working hard down there. Am I crazy?? I feel like it. Hoping my energy returns tomorrow.
Good luck ladies!
Ally

12 years ago

Mamma080803 - I used a FRER, and they're supposed to be super accurate, so it is incredibly weird that AF is not here yet. At present, I have no cramps, but am now (TMI warning...) seriously constipated (sorry!). Do you think EPO would have an effect on my cycle (i.e., delay my period or cause the...other problem )? I stopped taking the EPO at CD13, so at CD26 I would think not? I already mourned getting a BFN, so I'm trying to keep my hopes at bay so I don't have to mourn it all over again. What are the odds of a false negative with a FRER? I would think not very likely? I think my body has just lost its mind...

Since it's the weekend, I'll have to watch what my BBT does and wait it out anyway, but if no AF by next week I'll have to give my RE a call to book a bloodwork appt to see what's what. I'm nervous and scared and sad and hopeful all at once!

I'm 39, hubby is 45. Happily married since 1999. TTC #1 since 2009. Three 1st tri miscarriages: Oct. 2009 @ 6 wks March 2010 @ 8 wks (w/heartbeat); D&C March 15 Sept. 2010 @ 5 wks All tests clean. 6.15 (FSH) 81.2 (estradiol) Diagnosis:"Unexplained Infertility" User Image Nov. 2010: Clomid cycle (100mg) - Canceled due to too many big follies (6!) Dec. 2010: Clomid (50mg) cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Jan. 2011: Femara cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Feb. 2011: Follistim w/Ovidrel IUI cycle w/3 big follies - BFN March 2011: Stopped fertility meds and took a break April 2011: TTC naturally+acupuncture

12 years ago

Hi everyone!
I have been reading your posts on a daily basis but couldn't fine the energy to write.
I am all confused about my cycle. I am CD19 and i think i have ovulated already (earlier than my last cycle where i think i O-ed CD20. OPKs were never as dark as the test line and my BBT was a mess due to my cold. The last two days it has gone up plus OPKs are now fading, so i eitehr didn't really ovulate or i did 2 days ago...
DH and I have been very infrequently (unlike previous cycles where it was on the daily menu). This cycle it happened CD12, 15 and 17 but all times i had to get up immediately rather than lie down for 20 min . Do you think that matters much?
Anyway, I have the feeling i am out this cycle, i don't know why. My mood, my health, it just didn't seem like my cycle. I think if shows (expected around Aug 10th) I am going to take a break from active ttc. I can't handle the pressure .
Baby4MJ i completely understand what you said about mourning, I'm the same. It will happen eventually, you know it will! It might not be this cycle, who knows!
Nicole, LOL! I cry watching kleenex advertisments with the labrador puppies, so i know what you mean
Southernbee, I have never seen any EWCM, i try to check but i don't think i am doing it right... I didn't see an increase of CM with EPO i have to say, it alsays seems watery at times and then creamy but no EW... . I guess each body is different, although I will definitely bring this up to my doc if till the end of the year i see no .
Have a lovely weekend everyone!

12 years ago

Oh my god, it's STRETCHY!!

Hey girls, this morning I thought I was reverting back to dry sticky cm, and then I looked up checking cm just to make sure I was doing it right. I was only doing it with one finger b/c it's a lot to get two whole fingers in there, but the website said something about pushing gently on the cervix for new cm, so I did... and it's ewcm!
Stopping EPO today just in case I missed this yesterday, since I was pretty busy and don't remember checking.
Whether it's a positive test or not, I'm proud of myself for figuring out something new about my body.
Yipee!

Nicole, that website with the translations of symptoms is hilarious! Everyone here should check it out. I only read half yesterday, just so I could save some laughs for later. Thanks for the giggles.

Ally, did your energy return? Fingers crossed for you chica.

MJ, not gross about the constipation. Totally natural, and even a sign for some :)

Dinky and MJ, I read that EPO can delay Ov by a few days ...so MJ, perhaps it was still early to test? Hoping for you.

All the rest of you, mooah xo!
Bee

User Image

12 years ago

Baby4mj: if anything epo has the opposite (laxative) effect, but by now it should be mostly out of your system (I figure). Frer is super accurate, I got my bfp with frer @ 10dpo, but perhaps your hcg levels are still too low for even frer to detect. A ray of hope: as af approaches estrogen increases- estrogen also has a laxative effect. Soooo, if your constipated I would guess af has no intention of showing in the near future! Praying 4 u!
Southern bee: WOOOHOOO! For ewcm!!! I always do the 2 finger check, a little akward but u can squeeze the tip of the cervix + totally end up getting more cm to 'analize' lol!
Dinky: chin up hun! Can be pretty tough to figure out when u o'd but when u get your bfp aug 10 you will know 4 sure!
Lots of love and luck 2 u wonderful ladies!
-Liz

12 years ago

Yay for Southern Bee! I'm like that too. At least I try to be. I figure if I can discover anything new to use next cycle, it's definitly no loss no matter what happens because even if I don't get a BFP, I have something more to compare to next cycle. Thanks for the tip also, I didn't know that (pressing on the tip). ;)

XOXO

User Image ***Good luck to everyone!***

12 years ago

Yea for ewcm and being emotional!!! These all sound very good :)
My energy has not returned. I just want to sleep. 3 dpo what is wrong with me?! I am stressed and that's probably the bulk of the situation. I drove ten hours round trip yesterday just to go see my grandpa in the hospital and am in a masters program to be a nurse practitioner and feel behind. I am having some mild cramping though! With that and the fatigue and also feeling a bit emotional (again probably my grandpa) but I have my hopes WAY too high this month. I still have over a week before I could realistically start testing! oh it's going to be a long time ladies :/
I saw some other ladies that are also due for AF around Aug 11. Anyone else obsessing like crazy already? I'm out of control this month. Oh and I know I'm supposed to stop after one positive but since they have been screwy for me all month and I want to use them up, I've been doing the OPK's still and they only get darker and darker. Is this normal because I have got the positive for the month or could it be a good sign?
Have a great Sunday ladies!!
Ally

12 years ago

Hey, ladies -

Thanks to all of you for the vote of confidence, but I'm officially out. The landed with a vengeance at 4 in the morning today. Back to the drawing board for me, but I'll be sticking with the EPO and keeping the delay in O in mind!

Best of luck and to you all!!

I'm 39, hubby is 45. Happily married since 1999. TTC #1 since 2009. Three 1st tri miscarriages: Oct. 2009 @ 6 wks March 2010 @ 8 wks (w/heartbeat); D&C March 15 Sept. 2010 @ 5 wks All tests clean. 6.15 (FSH) 81.2 (estradiol) Diagnosis:"Unexplained Infertility" User Image Nov. 2010: Clomid cycle (100mg) - Canceled due to too many big follies (6!) Dec. 2010: Clomid (50mg) cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Jan. 2011: Femara cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Feb. 2011: Follistim w/Ovidrel IUI cycle w/3 big follies - BFN March 2011: Stopped fertility meds and took a break April 2011: TTC naturally+acupuncture

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo