Community post

Discussion

Who wants to try an experiment?!

View Full Post

TWO people that I know of (on this site!) got pregnant recently on their FIRST month trying EVENING PRIMROSE OIL! After TTC for over a year and starting my 3rd clomid cycle, I am ready to give this a whirl! I'm on CD 2 and took my first dose tonight. Anyone else want to see if we can get some more s?!?!?!?

304 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 304 Replies | Last Page

Well, quick update, p test @ the dr office was bfn- grrr! Doc said, given that I had a bfp at home he is certain a blood test will show hcg. So im going monday for blood test. He figures my urine was too diluted. However, my hpt was taken late afternoon only 2-3 hrs after my last 'bathroom break'. I asked if it was likely chemical, but dr didnt give a straight answer, only said he believes we will get a + in the blood test. More waiting, I guess. I posted a pic in the hpt gallery, could u ladies take a look and tell me what you think? Im going to do another hpt tommorow morning, I will post results.
-Liz

12 years ago

Hi Liz!! Just went to your profile and checked out your hpt image... DEFINITELY positive!! Absolutely no doubt there!! I am sure your blood test will come back pos as well!!! hun!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new to the site but have been reading this thread. I've started EPO today with the arrival of AF. It's been so nice reading all the support and hope you all give each other!!

DH and I have been hoping for our first for over two years now but I guess you could say we weren't really TTC because this last cycle was the first time tracking O with an OPK. This cycle I've gone all out, lol. Starting to chart BBT and CM, baby aspirin, pre seed, soft cups... Think I went overboard a little. Lol. Just tired of BFNs! Dh is 31 and I'm 32. We've been married for 5 years so we feel were ready to start our family.

Congrats for all the BFPs! And fingers crossed for everyone else this cycle!!

. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers

12 years ago

Tina - Welcome to the thread hun!! I dont think there really is any such thing as going "overboard" when it comes to ttc!! LoL! My last cycle I continued to chart bbt, use opks, take folic acid, then started using preseed, taking epo and baby asprin. Would have tired the soft cups too, but was a little leary about weather they would get here in time (we had a postal strike here), but had I not gotten my bfp this cycle I would've ordered them too!

(just incase you dont know, your supposed to stop the baby asprin as soon as you get your bfp! And stop taking epo as soon as you O))

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Thanks everyone :) Man-o-man, seems really vengeful to me this cycle....UGH!

Tina, welcome! I thought that I was also going overboard, but alas, we really aren't.

Liz, I definitely see a line, can't wait till the blood test shows the BFP too! I'm super excited for you :)

Victoria, how are you feeling?

Joy, did you have a nice time?

Anyone I missed, I hope you're all doing well today!

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies

I hate to be brief but dh is taking me out to eat soon. Im 3-4 days late for af. Im going to take a test tonight or tomorrow. Pray for me ladies! Fingers crossed.

Oh and liz thats deffinatly a bfp. Praying you blood test come back +

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Tina: welcome! 2yrs is a long time, hopefully going all out does the trick for you!
Shea: oooo, sounds promising! Sooo excited 4 u 2 test again!! Its gonna b bfp 4 sure! I know it!
Joy: Thanx 4 checkin out the image! And for the reassurance! So I read the baby aspirin should b taken until 12wks pg? I havent stopped taking it... They say it helps prevent mc and gives the placenta a better chance to form quality veins. Do u remember y u were told to stop once bfp?
Crashbunny: thanx 4 checkin out the image! Hope af cuts u a break! Have u noticed epo helps with pms symptoms?
Afm: another BFP this a.m.!!! Guess my tests are more sensitive than the drs! I will post another image. The 2 lines are pretty much the same shade, got db to check the expiry date b/c I almost couldnt believe it! Lol!
Hope I didn't forget anyone!
Good luck to you all!
-Liz

12 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Wow this thread has gotten a lot of activity lately! Welcome to all the new ladies!

Liz - Yes! For sure those are s! I have heard countless times that doctor pee tests are less sensitive than hpts. That's why they often don't even do them. Can't wait to see what your betas are when you get your blood test!

Shea - EEEKKK!!! So excited by being LATE!!!! I am SOOOOOO hoping this is it for you!!!

Mel - Sorry is being such a BITCH! I have had horrible cramps and a headache since 5 DPO (I'm 7 DPO today). I would be optimistic but clomid is evil and gives me all these crazy symptoms every month! I tried EPO and softcups for the first time this cycle too! We'll see how they "work" for us!

Tina - So glad to have you! Charting is a must if you have been ttc for 2 years. I started charting after ttc a few months and learned that I have luteal phase defect. Now it is being treated with clomid so I hope we get a BFP soon as we have been ttc since May 2010.

Baby - If your temp didn't go up, I would say you should keep . A temp rise is a way more accurate prediction than those monitors and lh strips. It might take a bit for your monitor to get adjusted to your cycle??? I can't tell you have many times I have gotten a positive opk and then not ovulated until later in my cycle. Your body may have been gearing up to release the eggie and then it stopped.

Joy - Hope you are feeling ok! Hugs!

AFM - 7 DPO like I said earlier. I am going to TRY not to test until at least 12 DPO which is Friday. I just don't know if I can take another ....we'll see how I feel later in the week. I hate that clomid gives soooo many pregnancy symptoms! There is literally no way for me to tell if this is it for me until I test!

12 years ago • Post starter

Thank you TeacherToria and Expecting2Expect for your input! I think you may be right about waiting it out and until the temp spike. Been getting a lot (a lot for me, anyway) EWCM (thanks to the EPO I'm pretty sure!), so I'm going to go by that and my BBT rather than the CBFM (I've been using the CBFM solely for 1-1/2 years...maybe relying on it too heavily, which could be why I haven't been able to get preg in over a year?? Hmmm...)

Poor DH works until 10:30pm tonight, so I forewarned him this morning that we're going to have to at minimum get a quickie in before he crashes into bed . We've been so good with our schedule thus far I'd hate to see us miss a chance at the golden eggie so close to the finish line!

Mamma080803: I checked out your HPT pics...
all the way I say!

TeacherToria: When I was in Clomid I hated it so much for that very reason...always feeling preggo even though you had no idea whether you really possibly could be or not. It messes with your head!

nursejones29: Fingers crossed for you!

Hello to everyone else and wishing us all BFPs on EPO!

I'm 39, hubby is 45. Happily married since 1999. TTC #1 since 2009. Three 1st tri miscarriages: Oct. 2009 @ 6 wks March 2010 @ 8 wks (w/heartbeat); D&C March 15 Sept. 2010 @ 5 wks All tests clean. 6.15 (FSH) 81.2 (estradiol) Diagnosis:"Unexplained Infertility" User Image Nov. 2010: Clomid cycle (100mg) - Canceled due to too many big follies (6!) Dec. 2010: Clomid (50mg) cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Jan. 2011: Femara cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Feb. 2011: Follistim w/Ovidrel IUI cycle w/3 big follies - BFN March 2011: Stopped fertility meds and took a break April 2011: TTC naturally+acupuncture

12 years ago

Hi everyone!
Hope everyone is doing well and are having a good start of the week!
Shea and Liz, I can't wait for your posts! All these give me so much hope!!!

So I am CD7 and planning on starting the OPK today (bought cheap ones off the internet, so have loads of them!). Last month i think i O-ed on CD19 or 20 but i am not sure. Now that i write this, it seems CD7 would be too early to start with OKP...hmmm i guess it's my POAS addiction talking

Went to my gyno on Friday, he said everything seems fine and that I should simply relaxed about it and give it some time. He also said that DH and I should be every other day and not every day (which is what we have been doing). He said even for completely healthy sperm it is not enough time to build up the volume. Any comments on that? I have read statistics and i think i saw somewhere that the results of daily vs. every other day BD are more or less the same, with daily BD only slightly higher.. I'd be interested to hear your views on this!

I EPO! My skin is FINALLY getting back to normal again, for the last 6 months since i stopped Nuvaring I have had horrible skin (worse than i had as a teen) and now 1st month EPO and already it's much better!

Have a great day to all of you and with all tests

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo