Community post

Discussion

Who wants to try an experiment?!

View Full Post

TWO people that I know of (on this site!) got pregnant recently on their FIRST month trying EVENING PRIMROSE OIL! After TTC for over a year and starting my 3rd clomid cycle, I am ready to give this a whirl! I'm on CD 2 and took my first dose tonight. Anyone else want to see if we can get some more s?!?!?!?

304 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 304 Replies | Last Page

Nicole - We must have been typing at the same time. No that doesn't sound dangerous to me. Just make sure you switch as soon as you know you've ovulated. Up to 3 days after ovulation is fine from what I've heard/read.

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey ladies.

Im having a really crappy day so forgive me for being brief. Here are my HPTs from earlier. Bottom is from this morning. Top is from around 2. I seen a sliver of a line but it didnt come up within time limit so im pretty sure its an evap. I know im out this month so no more testing for me.

User Image

Good luck im praying for yall.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Ugh, I really hate when ctp cute off part of the replies... now I have to read everything in the little "review" window... Sorry, I'm ranty today!

Shea - I wouldnt give up, with pink dye tests if there is any color to it, it usually isnt an evap (as far as I know) and I am pretty sure I see pink! I'm still holding out hope and keeping my for you! What brand of tests were these? FRER? (If so I have NEVER seen a FRER evap before... and have heard that on them a line is a line) Plus it is pretty rare to get 2 evaps... sweetie!

Victoria - Glad to hear things have been going so well with the epo this month, hope the keeps coming and you get your bfp!!

Nicole - Not sure about stopping epo too far after you o as it can apparently cause contractions leading to a m/c (or so I have read. Also I wouldnt rely 100% on cm to determine o (I personally would suggest opks - the cheap ones at the dollar store work fine if your on a budget, thats hat I used) I only say this because not all women get ewcm on the epo (I didn't, I just had more cm over all) Just some food for thought! Glad it's helping in other areas too!!

dinky - I'm doing great thats sweetie! I kinda laugh at myself tho cause everytime I pee I'm always checking to see if af showed, and everytime I have nause or something I automatically try to stop myself from symptom obsessing, then finally realize, "oh wait, I am pg, duh!" Guess I have been ttc so long it's just second nature now!
Glad that doc spoke highly of the epo! Seems like it's kind of an everything vitamin!! Helps in so many different areas!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Just popping back in to see how everyone is doing. Thanks for the welcome and "YAY!" for you preggie girls!

Today is CD11 and I got a peak reading on my CBFM this morning (woohoo!). Estimated day of O based on BBT chart is CD12 (tomorrow!). My DH and I are on a daily BD schedule for the week. My only concern is, although I've been taking EPO this cycle, I haven't really noticed any improvement or increase in CM . I did see a bit of EWCM on CD10, but that's about it. Certainly nothing to write home about (now wouldn't that make an interesting letter?).

With you girls, what has been your experience with EPO thus far? Did you notice a big difference in amount and duration of EWCM after taking EPO? I'm afraid without enough (or hardly any, really) EWCM, DH's swimmers are going to be left on the shore to die .

I'd love your input and to hear about your experiences so far. Thanks!

I'm 39, hubby is 45. Happily married since 1999. TTC #1 since 2009. Three 1st tri miscarriages: Oct. 2009 @ 6 wks March 2010 @ 8 wks (w/heartbeat); D&C March 15 Sept. 2010 @ 5 wks All tests clean. 6.15 (FSH) 81.2 (estradiol) Diagnosis:"Unexplained Infertility" User Image Nov. 2010: Clomid cycle (100mg) - Canceled due to too many big follies (6!) Dec. 2010: Clomid (50mg) cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Jan. 2011: Femara cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Feb. 2011: Follistim w/Ovidrel IUI cycle w/3 big follies - BFN March 2011: Stopped fertility meds and took a break April 2011: TTC naturally+acupuncture

12 years ago

Baby4mj: this is my 1st epo cycle, but heres what I noticed: huge increase in cm after af, closer to o day cm didnt stick to its normal pattern (creamy>watery>ew) instead it seemed to go back and forth a few times before I finally got 1 day of ewcm 1 day before o. Typically (without epo) I get a few days of ewcm, but im not sure how close to o day b/c this is also my 1st cycle charting bbt. I should also mention that my o was delayed 3-4 days. Probably stress, but a few others on this thread also experienced delayed o...??? I also noticed increased libido + mood + energy with epo!
Quick update on myself: 10 dpo and ive been having af type cramps for days, heavy at first they are off and on last 2days + getting lighter. Ive been feeling gaggy the last 2 days and bbs getting sore. I had cramps for over a week b4 af came last cycle. Trying to stay optimistic but not get my hopes up!
Good luck 2 u all!
-Liz

12 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Liz - Ooo, af cramping is actually a good sign!! I was convinced af was coming the day I got my bfp!! sweetie!

Baby4MJ - I didnt notice an increase in ewcm at all this cycle (that I can remember at least) I have had lots of cm tho... both after af and after o. & Happy BD-ing!!

AFM - Nothing new... going swimming today and trying to find a bathingsuit I can wear that wont show my bloated belly! Might just end up sitting on the edge of the pool with my feet in!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Joy: I had the same cramps last cycle too though. Before my miscarriage I only got cramps after af arrived, now I get them for a week or more b4 af. Although, when I became pg with the baby I miscarried cramps with no af was what tipped me off that I may be pg. I started feeling the cramps the same day my bbt dipped below the coverline-5dpo. My bbt was pretty consistent during the whole fp, but during lp its so up n down! Dipped below coverline twice! 6 more days max til af shows, and if not I test! I think all I can do is wait and see!

12 years ago

Hello lovely ladies!
Nicole, the more i am reading about EPO the more excited i get and not only for ttc! I have to say that my skin has improved significanlty and so has my mood...now i am not saying that it's a miracle cure for all that is evil in this world, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a direct link between your improved sense of smell and EPO.. Let us know how you get on!
Victoria, I take 1000mg EPO a day, but aafter reading your post and some others, i am thinking of increasing it to 1500 or 2000mg... DO you think it still works at 1000mg per day?
Lucky you for being DPO3...I am only CD3 and losing patience already
Shea, i hope you are in a better mood and have gotten a definite answer by now. I know how exhausting it is to wait and still hope but at the same time trying to manage your expectations and not get too disappointed...my God! what we have to go through every month... BUT, in will all be good in the end, FACT! and if it's not this month it will be the next
Baby, good luck with BDing and your way! I have never actually noticed any EWCM but i will be looking out for it this month...hope the little swimmers find reach their destination even without it (or at least not noticable..)
Liz, you are a brave woman for not testing before af is due...i say that to myself every month and then 3 days before af is due, there i am poas-ing...argh! i wish i was more patient!

expecting, have fun swimming! i met a friend of mine for lunch today who is due any day now and she told me that she has been swimming throughout her pregnancy up until now!! she looked amazing and in great shape and so relaxed!!! Hope you find a bathing suit you feel comfortable in and have fun swimming!

as for me, nothing really exciting. was at the company#s summer party, drunk more than i should have, CD3 and waiting for af to end so that i can get the party started

Have a lovely evening!!

12 years ago

So I took a hpt today, even though I knew it was too early and I swore I would wait, but I wanted to see... BFP!!! Im SO blown away!! only 10dpo about 5-6 days from expected af! I dont want to jinx it, but im praying its not chemical...
Shea: please test again!
Victoria: about a week until u test, right? Oooo, I cant wait for your BFP!!!
Joy: you called it! Thanx 4 havin hope 4 me!
The rest of u ladies near the start of your cycle, good luck and baby dust!

12 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Liz - I knew it!!! I am so happy for you hun!!

Dinky - I only took 1000mg or epo during my last cycle and now I'm pregnant, so I would think it still works pretty good! But upping your dosage to 1500 shouldnt hurt.
Glad you got to enjoy some drinks while af is still around!!

AFM... finally got my laptop back today!! Woohoo!!

to all!! Thats 2 's so far!! Keep it coming ladies!!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo