Community post

Discussion

Who wants to try an experiment?!

View Full Post

TWO people that I know of (on this site!) got pregnant recently on their FIRST month trying EVENING PRIMROSE OIL! After TTC for over a year and starting my 3rd clomid cycle, I am ready to give this a whirl! I'm on CD 2 and took my first dose tonight. Anyone else want to see if we can get some more s?!?!?!?

304 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 304 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!
Shea- I know nothing about it but it seems like progesterone could be the problem. I hope you get it figured out.
My stupid OPK problems continue. So I had the positives 7-9 dpo and a temp spike yesterday (cd 11). Today temp is right back to baseline. Not even one day of slightly elevated. The weird thing for me is that my temp after o almost always stays above cover and then plummets the day before AF. What is wrong with me this month? Should I start the epo again and assume this past week has just been a wonky week and I haven't o'd for this cycle yet? I am a 32 day cycle person and uusually have thought o was around cd 17-18 by temps.
Thanks ladies. Have a great weekend!

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ally - I would definitely say NO to starting the epo again... if you did O and did end up being pg it could cause serious problems. Not worth the risk. And dont give up sweetie! My bbt was crazy this cycle, and I had seriously thought that maybe I didnt O at all, I also have an average 32 day cycle and had a bunch of temps below coverline after my later than normal o day!

Baby4MJ - LoL! Oh trust me I know what you mean about being envious! When I m/c'd last time I had some nausea before hand, but nothing this bad and then it dissappeared completely just before my m/c. So the entire time ttc I said I would happily take hanging my head over the toilet the entire time if it meant a healthy baby! And I am sticking to that! I love feeling nauseous (tho its less pleasant during a car ride). & now I am glad that I only got sick the one time so far cause I heard vomiting more than twice a day could be sign of a prob. I hope u get to feel nauseous soon!!

Shea - A friend of mine shook the magic 8 ball for me a couple cycles ago and it said yes or somthing similar each time... turned out it was wrong! Didnt bother trying it this cycle LoL! So I wouldnt put too much stock in it!!
I hope your cycle sorts itself out soon!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Morning ladies

Im sorry to be brief but my nook is fixing to go dead amd i dont have my charger on me. I promise to write back individually soon tough.

Thank yall so very much for your replys i dont know what id do without yall! Oh and im not taking progesterone crea anymore. I stopped that over2 weeks ago. Thats why ive been so confused. Its like my body completely rejected it and went on to ovulate annyways.

Ill talk with yall later

Sending prayers and love, shea

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Hi friends how are yall doing?

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Hi Shea, Joy, Victoria, Ally, MJ, Nicole, and everyone else who's following (stalker, that's you too ;) )

I've been hitting the epo hard this cycle (day 9 now) and have already noticed a bit more watery goodness. my husband and I have recently been reunited after a year of grad school which took me to a different city. Happy to be here on the farm now!

I've been looking at all sorts of nutrition and exercise stuff now that we're officially ttc. I haven't started temping yet, b/c I'm afraid it will put more pressure on both of us. but I do monitor my cm and cervix. [There's a really neat website called beautiful cervix project which shows a photographic gallery of a healthy 25 year old's cycle as well as pregnant cervixes and others.]

Anyways, I'm looking forward to having more conception chances than once every three months!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be sure to keep 'yall posted on my own updates.
Practice acceptance and love,
Bee

User Image

12 years ago

Wow! Thank you for that tip! Fantastic site. I found it extremely informative and it kind of gives us a visual "base" to compare to when we feel for cervical position, doesn't it? Thank you very much. ;)

BABY DUST EVERYONE!!!

User Image ***Good luck to everyone!***

12 years ago

Thank you for all your birthday wishes ladies!
I had a lovely time with DH but i am still very sick (i can't seem to be able to get well, which depresses me a bit as i am worried about my immune system.. )
I have a lot of catching up to do I see, sorry haven't read all your posts. Hope no uninvited evil AF showed up over the weekend...
I am CD14, OPKs are still negative and i simply cannot make sense out of my BBT. I am afraid i might be out this month (mostly due to my cold) but nevertheless DH and I have been everyother day for the last week and will continue so for another week (not taking any chances). And of course I am continuing taking EPO, but i think i should stop them at some point.
Do you think it's bad if i stop them 3-4 days before I ovulate? I am afraid of not having noticed O and dont want to risk taking them DPO..
Sorry, this has been all me me me me!!! Will catch up tonight!
to you all!

12 years ago

Aw, Dinky, sorry you're still feeling under the weather. Keep up with tea, water, and lemonade for a treat!
I'm pretty sure it's fine to stop the epo a few days before you Ov with the same results. Like other herbal remedies, I'm sure it builds up enough in your system to last a few days once you stop. Come to think of it, I might stop a bit early too. maybe day cd12?

Nicole, I'm glad you checked out the site. It's pretty neat to see the whole cycle isn't it?
For those of you who are interested, here's the beautiful cervix project: http://www.beautifulcervix.com/
I have to admit, I was a little ickied out by the photos at first, but by the third or fourth I was in awe and loving the day by day snapshots. What a neat girl to be so comfortable with her body! I'm working toward that.

As I'm writing, there's a little white tailed fawn hopping after his mama in the field outside my window. So great.
And last night we heard a bear snapping branches as he walked through some thickets. Probably after the yellow cherry tree... :)

Well, have a great day everyone!
xo Bee

User Image

12 years ago

I am new to this site--and I hope that you dont mind me jumping in--but do you recommend the EPO? I could not really tell if yall liked it or not, or if it worked--
I was wondering because I am on a relaxed cycle and this month, instead of doing EVERYTHING (opk, bbt, smep, preseed...etc), im going just do a lot of BD and maybe the preseed, vitamins--but no daily stuff. Im TTC #2 and we are anxious, month 3 after M/C.
I am currently on CD6-- I generally O at like CD16-18ish...on a 32 day cycle...
Do you recommend it-- I will by it today if so.
I know used it on my cervix when I was 10mo prego--but i have never tried it when I was TTC...
any tips?

I am 27 DH 30 DD 3 yrs old:) m/c April 2011 at 8 wks Praying for another baby:) User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Mommytoaddie - Welcome to the thread! I had a m/c in Sept of 2010 and in my 8th cycle after that ttc I tried epo and got my bfp, so needless to say I am all for it!! LoL! It was also my first cycle using preseed and taking baby asprin.
If you do decide to take the epo I only too it from the end of af to O-day. (Tho some ladies say they started it during af)

Bee - Yay for not having wait 3 months between ttc!!

dinky - I wouldnt worry hun, I didnt O this past cycle on epo until cd 20 I think! (Usually O around cd15-18) I wouldnt stop the epo until you get some kind of bbt spike. (or if it just gradually keep going then I would stop) hun!

Shea - How are things going with you hun?

AFM - Got a busy day tomorrow!! Should be a good day tho Finally gonna be able to finish up the bathroom soon! We have a couple finishing touches being ordered in, other than that we need to decide on baseboards and thats it!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo