Community post

Discussion

Who wants to try an experiment?!

View Full Post

TWO people that I know of (on this site!) got pregnant recently on their FIRST month trying EVENING PRIMROSE OIL! After TTC for over a year and starting my 3rd clomid cycle, I am ready to give this a whirl! I'm on CD 2 and took my first dose tonight. Anyone else want to see if we can get some more s?!?!?!?

304 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 304 Replies | Last Page

So maybe the beginning of the month was a weird temp spike and I just got excited with starting the OPK's. They are always very close to positive, where the test line is almost as dark as the control line, or I think maybe as dark. Today though I picked up the test and thought the test line was the control line because it looked just a bit darker. Maybe I'm going to ovulate now?! Cd 16 today. Hubby and I took a break last night, so maybe tonight will be the night!
Allison- I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't know how often to bd while trying. If your dr said to just have fun whenever then I'm sticking with that. The last thing I want is more pressure around all of this.
Hoping this is the start to my last two week wait! I feel extra pressure this month. We have a Disney cruise scheduled next august for my husband, me and step kids. The baby must be 16 weeks old in order to go which means this is our last month I could get pregnant and still go. After this month it's a decision of still trying or taking a very long break from trying.
Sorry so long. Thanks ladies!
Ally

12 years ago

Hi Ally and Allison (and all the other ladies)!

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in regarding the BD schedule. Typically, if your DH (or SO) has a low sperm count, every other day is recommended. If his sperm count is good, every day is recommended. Either way, just make sure you're BD-ing around O time to maximize your chances of getting preggers.

and !!!

I'm 39, hubby is 45. Happily married since 1999. TTC #1 since 2009. Three 1st tri miscarriages: Oct. 2009 @ 6 wks March 2010 @ 8 wks (w/heartbeat); D&C March 15 Sept. 2010 @ 5 wks All tests clean. 6.15 (FSH) 81.2 (estradiol) Diagnosis:"Unexplained Infertility" User Image Nov. 2010: Clomid cycle (100mg) - Canceled due to too many big follies (6!) Dec. 2010: Clomid (50mg) cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Jan. 2011: Femara cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Feb. 2011: Follistim w/Ovidrel IUI cycle w/3 big follies - BFN March 2011: Stopped fertility meds and took a break April 2011: TTC naturally+acupuncture

12 years ago

Hello ladies! Hope every1 is doing well 2day and is getting their bbt's, opk's and bd schedules sorted! Good luck!
-Liz

12 years ago

Hey girls,

Cd15 and starting to get achy bbs this morning. I usually Ov on cd 16 or 17, so we must be getting close!
I have a question about cm for those of you who monitor, and especially if you have used EPO for more than one month: My cm today (and for the past few days) has been watery/creamy, but not EW or stretchy. My dh was gone for a few days on a grizzly tracking trip (conservation, not hunting), so I know the creamy is not his... ahem ;)
Would it be normal to not have ewcm until Ov day. or should I be getting it a few days prior?

I guess everyone's different, so I'm not sure I'm really looking for straight answers, but more encouragement that my cm is normal and everything's okay. Sometimes this lil' brain does run on...

How is everyone doing these days? TWWs? Pregnant success ladies?
Can't wait to join in the EPOTWW fun,

xo Bee

User Image

12 years ago

From what I've heard and read, it's perfectly normal to have increased EWCM a few days prior to O with EPO. This was not my case this cycle (first time on EPO), but I did definitly have it for one or two days, which is a big step for me since I usually don't have ANY at all, and now a few days PAST ovulation, I had some again today!(??? go figure)

User Image ***Good luck to everyone!***

12 years ago

Since this is my FAVE thread (not diminishing from the others girls =P) I'm gonna post this here:

http://www.kristensguide.com/Family/Pregnancy/pregnancy_symptoms.asp

FANTASTIC for a laugh, informative for all of you who do not have kids yet, and probably F-iing HILARIOUS for all you ladies who do already have kids.

Just to kill some time during the TWW ;)

Love y'all!

12 years ago

If you're anything like me right now, reading that site makes you go "HA!! BRING IT ON!" no matter how horrible she tries to make it sound!

12 years ago

Southern bee: I only had 1 epo cycle b/c I got my bfp, but heres what I noticed: from the time af stopped I noticed a definate increase in cm. I would normally have 2-3 days of ewcm, but on epo I only had 1, the day before o. The day I expected to o was moving day for me and I believe o was delayed, my cm went from creamy->watery->creamy->ew. Not my typical pattern. I think the watery was my body getting ready to o, then b/c of the stress and physical activity it went back to creamy for a few days before ew & o. I noticed, also, that I had a lot more cm after o than usual- even though I stopped epo when I o'd. So, the long & short of it is- deffinately more cm in general, less ewcm (but likely not due to epo, but moving) But heres the bright side- one day of ewcm was all it took, b/c I got my bfp! I think your cm pattern sounds pretty normal and is nothing to worry about! Good luck!
Nicole: congrats on your ewcm!! Do u bbt chart and have u noticed a temp spike? Are u officially in the tww?
Baby4mj: sooo, it's friday, and I'm anxiously waiting for your good news!
All those with questions about bd schedules- DB and I only bd'd 4 days and 1 day before o. We would normally have tried for everyday or at least every other day, but we were too tuckered from moving! I also know, and only b/c I asked, that DB had not...umm... wasted his sperm in at least 4 days. I explained to him the logistics of it and asked him to save them up when we are ttc, but he wasn't. Luckily he refrained around o day this cycle! Hopefully all your significant others know better, but it might be worth asking, just in case! In the end, I believe it wasn't how often we bd'd, but having a good suppy on the days that count that made the difference-and epo, of course!
Hope all the ttc ladies and lucky bfp ladies are doing well and have a wonderful weekend! Is it a long weekend 4 everyone, or just us canadians?

12 years ago

I don't chart doesn't work well with me. But I know when I ovulate because I can feel it. 29 day cycle. =0)

12 years ago

Hi, ladies...

Thank you, Mamma080803 for remembering and checking in on me! I wish I had great news to share, but I don't. Actually, I'm pretty confused. AF is due today (15dpo), but is nowhere to be found, which is weird because the only time AF hasn't arrived right on time is when I was on fertility drugs (which I haven't taken in 5 months) or when I was pregnant (3 pregnancies, 3 m/cs). I also always spot 2-3 days before AF arrives, but not a drop thus far. Anyway, I woke up at 3AM this morning to go to the bathroom and figured why not test? So I did and I got a . My BBT is still high and well above the coverline, so I have no idea what's going on.

I've been feeling crampy on and off for a few days now, and have been running to the bathroom fully expecting AF to be there, but not yet. My guess is that the will land sometime over the weekend. So, I guess it's back to the drawing board for me next cycle. {sigh...}

I'm 39, hubby is 45. Happily married since 1999. TTC #1 since 2009. Three 1st tri miscarriages: Oct. 2009 @ 6 wks March 2010 @ 8 wks (w/heartbeat); D&C March 15 Sept. 2010 @ 5 wks All tests clean. 6.15 (FSH) 81.2 (estradiol) Diagnosis:"Unexplained Infertility" User Image Nov. 2010: Clomid cycle (100mg) - Canceled due to too many big follies (6!) Dec. 2010: Clomid (50mg) cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Jan. 2011: Femara cycle w/3 big follies - BFN Feb. 2011: Follistim w/Ovidrel IUI cycle w/3 big follies - BFN March 2011: Stopped fertility meds and took a break April 2011: TTC naturally+acupuncture

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo