Community post

Discussion

Who wants to try an experiment?!

TWO people that I know of (on this site!) got pregnant recently on their FIRST month trying EVENING PRIMROSE OIL! After TTC for over a year and starting my 3rd clomid cycle, I am ready to give this a whirl! I'm on CD 2 and took my first dose tonight. Anyone else want to see if we can get some more s?!?!?!?

304 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 304 Replies | Last Page

What is it, what does it do and where can I get some? Lol!

12 years ago

Victoria do you think its to late for me to try. Im on CD 10? Im desperate because this is my third roundof soy as well

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Mamma - It is a supplement (looks king of like fish oil capsules) and a "cure all" for many hormone-related problems (like PMS). It also is known to increase fertile cervical mucous allowing the little spermies an easy medium to swim to the egg! . Since I'm on clomid (which dries up CM) this is a problem for me! I bought it at Walgreens but I know they sell it online too.

Shea - Probably not too late to start. I would - especially since (if I remember correctly) you ovulate pretty late. From what I've read it can start working pretty quickly.

12 years ago • Post starter

Oh and I almost forgot. Don't take it AFTER ovulation as i can cause uterine contractions. So once ovulation has been confirmed (either through OPK or BBT) stop taking it!

I'm in! I picked some up today! CD4 of 30 day cycle, I will keep you posted! Thanks for the tip! Should I take it during af or wait until it stops?

12 years ago

YAY! Start taking it now! It helps with cramps too! All the literature says take it from CD 1 until ovulation is confirmed. Hope it works for us!

I startrd mine today.

Mamma-i would love to know more about you. Victoria and i are already good friends and know each other from the clomid thread.

Here is a little about me. I have been ttc for over 3 years now. I have pcos and very irregular cycles. I had a m/c november 08 and a chemical about 5 months ago. Im currentky taking soy to induce O. This is my 3rd round and hopefully my last. DH and i have been together over 6 years and we have no children (except our dog lol). Oh and my name is shea.

I hope we can become good friends.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

I am in the same boat... been ttc for over a yr.. got pg once but it ended in m/c at 8 weeks. I am on cd23 or 24, about 3dpo. I used evening primrose oil for the first time this cycle (from cd 9-20) I heard your supposed to start if after af and then stop taking it when u O.

to you all! I am really hoping this is it!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

DB & I have been together 5yrs. And although I have an almost 8yr old boy he has no biological children. We werent trying to concieve when I found out I was pregnant in mid december, we didnt even realize it was something we wanted until it happened. Early feb I found out I had a missed miscarriage approx 4 weeks earlier, then d&c. I told my dr something didnt feel right but he brushed it off. Even sent me home and told me not to worry when I was spotting and he couldnt find the heartbeat. DB & I planned to move in together when we found out I was pg and we are still sticking to the plan, and trying again. Its my 3rd cycle ttc, but my 1st cycle charting and really trying. I guess I just thought it would be easier, what was I thinking?! I think DB is sick of hearing me go on about it and he doesnt know what to say, I need someone to talk to and wait with! Its great that something like this exists and im happy to meet u! My name is liz btw. BABY DUST!!

12 years ago

My 2 cents: I took it this cycle and O'd yesterday (1 day early). I had an increase in CM from CD 8 and EWCM for 5 days including O day. Normally for me, I have it for 1 day about 2 days before O and then it changes to watery. I just switched today to the flax seed tablets, which I read you're supposed to do after the EPO. I'm also taking angus castus this cycle as well.

Curious to see how many BFPs come out of this! Got off the pill in Feb and have been trying since then. Though, I didn't get the chance to BD but once during this cycle, so I may be the outlier that you want to throw out of the statistics! (Can't get BFP without BD!)

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo