Community post

Discussion

EPO and late ovulation

So please help me out if you know about EPO. I have a 26-28 day cycle and always have and O on CD 15-17.We have been TTC #1 for 6 months now and I have done BBT, pre-seed, and OPKs (which for some reason I get a positive for a week at a time,even after my EWCM is gone) and this month I decided to try evening primrose oil and softcups.Well I got the EWCM for 2 days , then it switched over to sticky, with no temp rise and still get a positive.My temps finally rose on CD 20, which is a week after I started gettiing sticky CM. CTP originally had me Oing on CD 18, but then changed it this morning to CD 20 and same with fertility friend, which originally had me getting AF on the 20th,making me have my usual 28 day cycle, but now moved it back to the 25th making me have a 33 day cycle.My question is, has anyone had EPO delay ovualation that bad???and why did I have sticky CM before ovulation was detected?That has never happened to me before.PLEASE I AM GOING NUTS HERE AND NEED SOME ADVICE!!1

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I can't help on the EPO front, but I may be able to help with the delayed ovulation.
1. Total cycle length is determined by when you ovulate.
2. Ovulation day is determined by how long the pre-ovulation portion of your cycle is.
3. The pre-ovulation portion of your cycle can change from month to month.
4. The portion of your cycle after ovulation is the "leutal phase" and that stays consistent from cycle to cycle.
5. There are a host of things that can delay ovulation: stress, travel, life changes, significant schedule changes, uses of some medications, etc.
6. So even if ovulation is delayed it doesn't necessarily impede conception because assuming that you have a healthy leutal phase, once you have ovulated (no matter how late that is) you still have the same leutal phase length.
7. All said: ovulation may be late for a variety of reasons however, it shouldn't interfere with conception as long as you continue to have well timed intercourse throughout your cycle because your leutal phase (which allows for implantation) will stay the same within a day each cycle.

Hope that helped. :-)

12 years ago

I havent taken the EPO myself but a friend of mine on here has and her O date was waaaaay late. We were both taking Red Raspberry Leaf and she was taking EPO along with it. I O'd a week late on the dot and got af right on time... My poor friend on the other hand had a crazy long cycle and didnt O until like cd30 somthing (if she O'd at all)... and if my friend sees this, sorry for putting your info out there but I just wanted to give this lady a little advice :)

Best of luck to you and lots of baby dust!!!

I would never ever take the red raspberry leaf again and my friend says she would never take the EPO ever again either.

BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE MY RAINBOW BABY FOR 6 MONTHS SO HARD FOR A

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo