Community post

Discussion

Trying for first one only!!!!! and having trouble

I am going to start a page for women who have been trying long term for their first ever pregnancy.. I have no children and want to become friends with people in the same boat as I feel I can relate to these people better, not to say that if you do have children that ttcing for a long time isn't the same but I would like to meet people in the exact same boat... So this is my story: ttcing for 2 yrs, had hsg and both tubes are blocked and waiting for surgery. only 10% chance at conceiving after surgery or ivf.. Give me your story girls..

29 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 29 Replies | Last Page

ttc for 8 years.....been to several doctors, been thru treatments, drugs, surgeries and nothing. now i'm being told i'm too old. I have never been so angry in my life. No one can tell me why I don't conceive. I feel like all that's happened is that I've been taken advantage of and my insurance used to fill someone's pocket. My husband and I are left broke, credit destroyed, 401k's maxed out, we have nothing to show for what we have been thru. sorry, this is going to be a long rant.

everyone bothers us with things like "well, don't you want to have kids? why don't you have children yet?" but no one wants to help us out. even my own family has cut me off, my father helped as much as he could then he had a stroke and can do no more. the rest simply don't understand, they have their own families. our biggest problem is financial help. I have no other alternative but adoption or donor egg. I want to do donor egg but no $$. insurance will not cover it.

Every month is torture. it is more pain than i can bear.

12 years ago

Oh god I feel the exact same way,and my family is the same way.. No one gets it. Ya ok i will pull 12000 out of my ass to have a baby,if only it were that easy, i wouldn't have started this page.... Oh citizen please know you are not the only one. i am in the same position as you and thats why i wanted to start this page, there has to be others like us. We found each other didn't we!!!!

12 years ago • Post starter

yes! i'm so glad you made this! There must be others!

12 years ago

I too am in the same boat. DH and I have been trying for our first for almost 2 years. We have severe male factor infertility. We are currently undergoing our first (and hopefully last) IVF treatment!! (egg collection in 48 hours we get lots of healthy eggies that get along with DH's sperm )

I know it is a tough journey, but at least you know what the problem is and what options you have Best of luck to you

12 years ago

Here's my story:

In exactly 4 days we will have been trying for 1 year (sorry I know its not as long as most so if you dont want me on this post no hard feelings!). I was on the Depo (aka the devil) for almost a year about 4 years ago. Never had a "normal period" for about 4 years. Dh and I start ttc and nothing. I've been on 3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 100mg) and currently waiting for AF to show (today is CD 35) so I can start my 4th round (150mg). DH is fine, its me that is broken.

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,
I have been ttc for just over 2 years now. September makes our 26th month ttc. We conceived right away, in month 2, but sadly lost it at 14 wks. We were so devastated and had to wait 3 mos to start ttc again to let my uterus shrink. Well since then, it has been bfn after bfn after bfn. I am losing my mind!!!!!!! I want this more than anything else in the world and so does my sweet hubby. We are the last in a large circle of friends to have a baby and none of them had any trouble at all... they try to be supportive but they can't relate. My DH seminalysis is good. But I have PCOS. We did 2 rounds of Femara before they discovered the PCOS. So they took me off of that and put me on Metformin for the past two months but as soon as AF shows (likely tomorrow) they are adding the Femara back in with the Metformin for this cycle. I had an HSG last cycle. Right was clear, left had minor blockage that they were able to flush out (painful!). They actually said that we had two good follies this cycle.... so of course, i got super excited... only to be let down. I am sooooo sick of all of the heartbreak. Trying very hard to keep my chin up but its so tough! I'm glad I found you ladies on here!!! I am not trying to sound cold, but sometimes I get a little frustrated when I read posts from people who claim to be "struggling" to get pregnant and they have only been ttc for like 3 mos or so.... anyways, baby dust to us all!

12 years ago

well nov 1st will be 2 yrs of ttcing for me and ironically thats when me and dh got together 9 yrs ago.. i have a hard time because dh has 3 kids and I do love them but I want 1 of my own that I can spend money on.. I want, I want, I want a baby!!!!!! If this dam surgery would come through to blow out my tubes maybe just maybe something would happen. Dh has 2 exes between the 3 children and Honestly they are bad mothers.. one thinks because hers are 15 and 16 that she has done her raising and now wants her life back and the other 9 yr old was a one night stand which the woman thought if I have this child it will keep a man in my life, well now she has a bf and she doesn't give 2 shits about her son... he was born october 26th and I was there in the labor room and have helped raise him since now, and the thing that sucks is no one will ever call me "MOMMY" and I want that soooooooooooo very bad... Sure i get thank yous from them but dam it I just want I love you mommy.... Some times I hate the life I'm in and just want to run away and start fresh by myself that way there is no daily reminder of not being able to have children.... BABY DUST TO ALL OF US and fingers crossed we can cross this bridge before its too late..

Hey ladies...count me in on feeling the same way you all do. In fact I'll take it a step further and I say that I get pissed when I see people upset they can't have their fourth and fifth child. All I want is ONE!!!! I would be so freaking over the moon and feel so blessed! GOD! If I could have two, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself! I gain my sanity back though, and realize that I am just be bitter, and pray that my time will come. It's very hard though. Hubby and I have been TTC for 18 months. we had success in the 6 month, but lost it at 8 weeks. I pray everyday that I am pregnant by xmas. I had my D&C 12/9 and will never forget that day. I can't even think of having to go through another holiday season just focusin on that and how frustrated I am - and I know that if I'm not pregnant, that is exactly what is going to happen.

I'm trying so hard to stay positive, and realize that 18 mo. really isn't THAT long, but it feels like a freaking eternity. People at work just pop them out like it's nothing, then have the nerve to complain about how awful they feel. Are you kidding me? I would give my left hand to be puking every morning and be exausted all the time. I sometimes even feel guilty because when I was pregnant I had horrible migraines. I remember saying "god I just want these headaches to go away". Instead I had my baby taken away. Ok getting to my dark and angry place that I need to pull myself out of.....

Anyways, sooooo glad I found this board and all you wonderful ladies. We aren't alone, and sooner or later our time will come....it HAS to.

12 years ago

I'm with you bannisterh.. I am so frickin pissed when people on here announce their 3rd or 4th.. I truly hate them and it sucks but im not sorry for how i feel.. I'm tired of struggling and yes i guess it's good to know why im not getting pregnant,but why can't it be a simple fix !!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO I gotta get the REAL hard road and try to come up with funds for ivf and its not even guaranteed i will get pregnant... I want to say F**k you to all the people who conceive with no issues but thats not right cuz it's not theor fault I'm broken.. I just wish there was a miricle in my life and i would get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy,but i just don't think it will ever happen. I'm 35 already so time is ticking and it pisses me off that i tried to do all the right things in life and get screwed.. its the one thing in life that you cannot control and i think that is why it bugs me so much.. if i want a puppy i go buy one,but having a baby is not that easy GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Ok so im sitting here crying as I type this. Stopped by another TTC group on the web and there is a member that is pregnant (with her 5th!) and said she didnt want another right now and then other member commented and asked why she would say that in a TTC group and she then says its bc she didnt want another MAY baby.

REALLY!? your upset b/c your having your 5th and it has the same month as another one. I WANT ONE! I would kill for one and its things like like that, that hurt soo much!!! I just needed to vent this morning!

hope everyone is having a great day!

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo