Community post

Discussion

Accepting reality

So I feel like I am finally coming to terms with my diagnosis. Some days are definatley better than others thats for sure. Last friday I had a complete meltdown and anxiety attack,but I pulled through and today I feel better. I have decided to concentrate on a new addition,that I will be adding to my family.. A cat, I have decided that I need something in my life that I can love and will love me back. I also think this will be some good therapy for me as I am constantly obsessing about my diagnosis. ivf is just soo expensive and i just don't have the means to do it and yes that is heart wrenching but i cannot do anything about it so i figured a cat would help me through.. Not to say that i won't have anymore meltdowns about this but maybe they will be a little easier to deal with as i will have something else to concentrate on.. i don't know if i have completly given up on this but i cannot let it run my life and i am tired of being sad and moody. this is a very hard thing to deal with and i only hope there is something to learn from this whole experience, i can't see it now but maybe in the future i will look back and finally be able to smile at all the rough patches i have come across in this road and journey of ttcing......

4 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Aromatherapy, I don't know your diagnosis but I think getting a cat will absolutely fill some of the space in your heart. I myself have a complicated diagnosis and I know the uncertainty is just CRAPPY! I too have decided to just keep moving forward with my life. My husband and I are almost done with the process of becoming foster/foster-to-adopt parents. I don't know if you would be interested in that but it's a non-traditional way to start a family. Unlike private/international adoption it doesn't cost thousands of dollars. If the child/ren that you are fostering become available for adoption you have that choice. It's just a suggestion, my husband and I have just reached the point of being ready to be parents regardless of how it happens. If you want more info let me know! Good luck to you in your journey!

5/9/2010

13 years ago

thanks. i have hydrosalpinx,so the only way to have a child is to have my fallopian tubes removed and do ivf. fostering is not for me YET. and i say yet because i could change my mind in the future who knows,but for now im tired of hoop jumping and all the little things that go with ivf,adoption or fostering. i just want a normal life right now and i think a cat is a good first step for me.

13 years ago • Post starter

I hear ya, we lost our son last May (stillborn) and we had a miscarriage in December. We decided to start the process in February. It's definitely been a lot.

5/9/2010

13 years ago

oh i couldn't imagine a still born,it doesn't help but im sorry... life is not fair,but nothing is is it,i wish you luck with the fostering thing :)

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo