Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 5

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and remember you can never give TMI, we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image

309 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 309 Replies | Last Page

Thanks for the dust babylove:)
ElleKJ- I think you'll be fine, if they are just testing for day 21 progesterone then + or- a day won't make much difference. I look forward to you seeing your consultant because so many questions will be answered for you! You will love it so much more than having just a GP:)

hbarrios- welcome to the forum! I don't know much about the other two medications but Clomid is not too bad depending on the dose. I had some annoying headaches here and there while on it but that seemed to only be the first few rounds. The only time I'm heard of someone having really bad migraines was when they were on 200mg of Clomid, which is pretty rare from what I gather. I think you'll be surprised about how well you are able to cope. What's your story? How long have you been trying, etc.

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

hopefullll - I've been ttc since february. they started me on met because i have severe pcos and they were hoping that an IR drug would help. plus i have a history of breast cancer so the few hormones the better. i had take met several years ago and even got preggers! but i had m/c at 6-7wks. the provera is progesterone i think...it is making me STARVING all the time and i had to pee pretty bad the first few days but i'm doing better now. i start on 50mg of the clomid on cd 5-9. i only worry about migraines bc i have them pretty regularly around af i guess because of the excess hormones. you are supposed to take it at night to avoid bad SE right? thanks for the help and welcome!

TTC Phytotherapy 10/12 Clomid 9/12 Met 5/12, 3/08 MC 6/08 DX w PCOS "For nothing is impossible with God" - Sarah, mother of John the Baptist, said to be barren

11 years ago

hbarrios- Welcome! Those side effects don't sound too bad. I didn't have any side effects besides some cramps around ovulation time. I know you can take your dose any time during the day, but I think it's good to take it before bed so that you can sleep through some of the side effects if you have them :)

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

felurian - thank you! yes they aren't too bad! i will try taking it at night. is it bad to use a heating bad if you have ovulation cramps? i usually use one when i have af but i usually don't ovulate so this will be new if the clomid works...i don't want to roast my lil bean!

TTC Phytotherapy 10/12 Clomid 9/12 Met 5/12, 3/08 MC 6/08 DX w PCOS "For nothing is impossible with God" - Sarah, mother of John the Baptist, said to be barren

11 years ago

hbarrios- I would suggest not using a heating pad:( I know that's not what you want to hear but I think any extra heat in that area may not hurt your egg but perhaps the sperm trying to get to it as they are super temp sensitive. However, I am far from a doctor lol, so I could be wrong. I agree with Felurian, take em at night for sure. As for the migraines, I am super prone to getting them in general (a few times a month) . To prevent them from being too much, stay away from caffiene all together. Doing this has helped huge in keeping them away. Also, I don't know why this is, but I haven't gotten any since I started taking prenatals as well. Anyway, I hope that helps a little. I am also on progesterone in the form of Prometrium (little capsules I have to put you know where lol) and I find that I have to pee like crazy while taking them too! I am not a midnight pee-er but with these capsules, I wake up 2-3 times a night, argh! Is yours a cream and how long to you take it during your cycle? How long are your cycles now that you are taking metformin?

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Hopefullll - dang I love my heating pad! Oh well it will be worth it in the end! I'm taking an oral progesterone. I have been taking it if I don't ovulate in a cycle so I can have AF :( the met was supposed to regulate my cycles but it didn't. Lame I know. I started a new cycle of met but my doctor told me bc it's not been effect to abandon waiting tocycle and start the provera so I can start the clomid. So I'm one fun person right now. I can tell bc my DH brought home a bottle of wine lol! You are taking it to help with the lining right?

11 years ago

morning everyone! well today is the day of the scan, wonder if there'll be any sign of ovulation in there? I feel better now the bloating and pains have gone. today I feel a bit sick and tired which I hope is from a change in hormones

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

good luck ellekayejaye! let us know how your scan goes!! glad you are feeling some relief from the SE...changing hormones make me tired too. i will be praying for ovulation!!

QUICK QUESTION! so my temp spiked back up today...is that normal? this is the first time i've been so religious about temping. could it be because i laid there for 15 min waiting for the DH to grab my thermometer?

11 years ago

Good luck Ellekj!!
Bharrios- you must be a better wife than me cause these days I would shoot DH if he brought home wine lol!! I love wine and it would just torture me to watch him drink it!! The only good thing is that he can't drink either due to his sperm count so we can't tease each other lol. Hopefully Felurian will be on here to answer you temp question cause I don't have a clue:(

AFM- I have my stupid HSG this morning and I'm freekin out!! Ahhh, I have lots of pills for pain so lets hope they work. Also, I have to fast this morning for blood work and I am sssssstaaaaaarving!! And I"m not having blood taken till 11:30. How on earth am I going to make it lol? Anyway, wish me luck! I shall report back later

11 years ago

hopefullll - okay i'm not sure what an HSG is but its sounds like a spinal tap..is that right?? just practice breathing! you'll need for labor! lol i have found that yoga breathe is the best to help pain pass. Good luck and keep us posted! saying a special prayer for you and the doctors doing the procedure!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo