Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid and prometrium round 1. Anyone with me?

Last night was the 5th night of taking 200mg of prometrium which the doctor prescribed me to get my period to start. Cramping and bloating started last night. This morning the cramping and bloating was horrible. Also had some light brown spotting. Called my doctor and they said Af starting soon and continue meds until full red flow. Then on CD 3, I am to begin my first cycle of clomid. Dr ran blood work and found that my progesterin level is too low. Also had a pelvic ultrasound and my doctor believes I am not ovulating at all. I've had very irregular and long cycles. Haven't been on BC pill for 2yrs. Previously I had used opk sticks and did think I was ovulating. Also my temps seem to run low and are all over the place. I stopped checking my temps this month cuz I had the flu. Will start again next cycle.

Anyone else going/gone through something similar? I'd love to hear about your stories. Looking for some clomid buddies.

User Image

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I hope this cycle is going well for you with Clomid. I will start Clomid for the first time with my next cycle. I'm nervous, but happy that at least we're on to the next step after learning I have PCOS. I too had the long, irregular cycles and the doctor doesn't seem to think I'm ovulating at all either. That wasn't really the great news I was hoping to hear. Though, I am optimistic that it won't take more than a few cycles of using Clomid to get pregnant. How have you been doing with the Clomid? Any side effects? Baby dust to you!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

I didn't get to start the clomid last round because AF showed early and my doctor wasn't available. I did just finish my first round of clomid last week. The only side effects that I've had so far were some mild hot flashes (mostly when I'm trying to sleep, I wake up hot and throw the blankets off) and some mild moodiness (but nothing extreme). I've still had a little moodiness and hot flashes, even though I finished the clomid. Right now I'm on CD11 and am waiting to ovulate. I've got my fingers crossed. I sure hope the clomid makes me ovulate this cycle. Best of luck and wishes to you. Sending lots of and your way.

Also, if you interested, I follow a forum with a few other girls who are also on clomid. Feel free to join. We love having new people and all the girls are really great and very supportive. Lets keep in touch!

Heres the web address to other forum:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=9036&p=3

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Oops! I just realized that you are already in that other forum, just haven't seen you in a few days! LOL

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo