Community post

Question

2nd consecutive chemical pregnancy??? Help!!

Last cycle, I had my first vvvf bfp on 14 dpo. I had been spotting lightly since 12 dpo. Since the tests were even fainter by 17 dpo and the spotting lasted six days, I knew I had a CP and moved on. O'd (ovulated) as expected on 15 dpo (+OPK). Successful!! This cycle, I got my vvf bfp on 9 dpo, increasing in darkness everyday until 13 dpo. I stopped testing. Early implantation seemed very promising. Yesterday, 16 dpo my DH (dear husband) and I had rather deep, intense sex..which led to immediate spotting that increased to bright red bleeding with a few small clots. Cramping is mild, bbs still tender, but less so. I tested again in the afternoon and the lines aren't any darker than 13 dpo. Possibly lighter. 
Am I having another CP??? 
Going to test again in am at 18 dpo.. or should I wait a couple more days? 

What would cause recurring CP?

2 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hey there
M I’m so sorry you’re going through something like this! I really hope your tests to keep get darker and you’re not expecting a CP again.
Have you done any hormonal checks? I’ll paste you here a part of an article where it says what can cause a CP. I hope it helps.

It is not always possible to determine the exact cause of a chemical pregnancy. However, potential causes or contributing factors may include:

•Chromosomal abnormalities: Irregularities in chromosomal arrangements may prevent the fetus from developing. Chromosomal abnormalities are the leading cause of early pregnancy loss.
•Advanced maternal age: Women aged 35 or older may find it more difficult to get and stay pregnant.
Insufficient hormone levels: The body needs higher levels of certain hormones, such as progesterone, to support the growth of the fetus.
•Low body mass index (BMI): Women who are underweight according to their BMI are more likely to have an early miscarriage.
•Uterine abnormalities: The presence of uterine fibroids or irregularities in the uterine lining can prevent the embryo from implanting in the uterus.

Maybe you should check if something is wrong! I really hope this is not another CP and you end up having a healthy pregnancy! Good luck

User image

4 years ago

Thank you so much for your response. I am wondering if my weight may be a factor, bc I am so small. I have had 3 children when I was much younger and still this small. Also thinking my prolonged use of the shot may be causing me issues. I've been off of it for nearly two years but my mom told me it could linger in my system for years. Trying not to lose hope. Scared to try again bc of this.

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo