Community post

Question

Can you conceive immediately following a Chemical Pregnancy?

New to the forums, but I'm learning the lingo so bear with me. Husband and I accidentally conceived last month. I knew when we BD that I might ovulate soon, took an OPK the next morning to confirm. Started having some spotting on 12 DPO, VVFL on 14 DPO. The spotting lasted 6 days and eventually the tests became negative. Baby fever already set in. I began taking OPK again immediately. BD on CD 11 and 13. O'd on CD 14. I'm now 7 DPO which I know is insanely early to test. I feel like I see the faintest of lines, but i'm sure it's just wishful thinking as only 7% of women get a BFP on 7 DPO. I was just curious if anyone else had successfully conceived immediately following a CP?

13 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Answers | Last Page

bump

5 years ago • Post starter

As long as you ovulated there's no reason why you couldn't get pregnant. Good luck!

5 years ago

It certainly is possible. Good luck!

5 years ago

I wish you this cycle! You’re a couple of days ahead of me. The two week wait is a killer cos I’m crampy as and AF is 9 days away!

User image

5 years ago

Thank you guys so much for replying!! Yes @Erised87 the tww is killer. I can't help but test early which is just disappointing. I started feeling awful yesterday. Cant tell if I'm catching a bug or maybe early symptoms. When do you plan to test?

5 years ago • Post starter

Update: 9 DPO, symptoms increasing!!! Faint positive today to confirm suspicions. Yayyyy!!! Stick, baby, stick!!!

4 years ago • Post starter

Amazing!!! I am just having a series of confusing evap lines ???? I have a hunch that I am pregnant, but just trying to be patient! And not check tests I did yesterday

User image

4 years ago

Erised87 I swear I was the same way!!
Today I was panicked a while bc today's seemed fainter. But I'm trying to put it out of mind as I'm still just 10 DPO.

Anyone who can just wait for AF to show up is so much stronger than me. I started testing at 7dpo. Got vvvfl at 10dpo 2 walmart cheapie blue dye test and then a negative on a FRER so I’ve stopped testing, the faints and negatives we’re making me a crazy lady. AF due in 2 days.

My boobs have been horribly sore since 8dpo and my nipples have gotten darker which is SO weird, like what else can cause that?!?!
Baby dust and sticky babies to all of you. Hope this is our month!!

4 years ago

Last cycle, I had my first vvvf bfp on 14 dpo. I had been spotting lightly since 12 dpo. Since the tests were even fainter by 17 dpo and the spotting lasted six days, I knew I had a CP and moved on. O'd (ovulated) as expected on 15 dpo (+OPK). Successful!! This cycle, I got my vvf bfp on 9 dpo, increasing in darkness everyday until 13 dpo. I stopped testing. Early implantation seemed very promising. Yesterday, 16 dpo my DH (dear husband) and I had rather deep, intense sex..which led to immediate spotting that increased to bright red bleeding with a few small clots. Cramping is mild, bbs still tender, but less so. I tested again in the afternoon and the lines aren't any darker than 13 dpo. Possibly lighter. 
Am I having another CP??? 
Going to test again in am at 18 dpo.. or should I wait a couple more days? 

What would cause recurring CP?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo