Community post

Question

How to handle heartburn

Im now 17 weeks in and for the past few days i have been having intense chest pains almost like heartburn and i have taken anti acids but no relife -_- how did you ladies fight it

9 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I use Gaviscon liquid, mint flavour. I generally don't get heartburn until I'm near the end of pregnancy when baby forces everything up, but I've found Gaviscon to be my go-to. It doesn't stop anything from coming up, but it does a great job of taking out the burn and making it tolerable.

Hopefully u can find some relief. Definitely mention it to ur doctor, it may not be heartburn at all.
Good luck! =))

5 years ago

Heartburn starts for me as soon as I get pregnant and lasts the whole time. It’s awful!! The doc said I could take Zantac and that helped. I don’t really like to take meds tho... usually a sip or two of milk would assuage the burn. Hope this helps. GL.

Paige

5 years ago

I have GERD and gastroparesis and pregnancy hormones make those things much worse. I think about 5.4 weeks now and I'm not on any of my normal prescription meds.

The reflux hasn't been too bad, but I'm on a special diet.

I second Gaviscon for relief. Zantac has never helped me pregnant or not.

5 years ago

I had that my second pregnancy and managed it with homeopathic remedies. PM me for details if you're interested.

5 years ago

I actually get these types of intense chest pains and i had taken virtually all anti acids to no prevail. It gets so bad at times it cuts me short of doing even the most basic of tasks.... i haven't mentioned it to my dr because i dont get them often enough i guess. I dont know if it is acid related or not. However i used to take zantac with my first born and it helped tremendously however not this time around...

5 years ago • Post starter

I actually get these types of intense chest pains and i had taken virtually all anti acids to no prevail. It gets so bad at times it cuts me short of doing even the most basic of tasks.... i haven't mentioned it to my dr because i dont get them often enough i guess. I dont know if it is acid related or not. However i used to take zantac with my first born and it helped tremendously however not this time around...

5 years ago • Post starter

I just found this thread (it's a little old), but i wanted to know if you all could provide some clarification. I was under the impression that the only thing safe to take during pregnancy was Tums? I will ask my doctor at my appointment in two weeks, but thought i would check here in the meantime. Thanks for any advice!

5 years ago

@lissa645, all of my OB's (regular and high risk) and my pharmacist have told me I could use the Gaviscon. I can't comment much about anything else becuz the Gaviscon worked for me, so I didn't try other routes. My gf took Tums all the time, and another friend had a script for something, so there are a few other options that are safe. Def ask ur Dr what he/she would like u to try out first.

5 years ago

Awesome, thanks! I'll stick with Tums until I get in to see my doc in two weeks. Thanks so much!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo