Community post

Question

Mini pill , no period , possible mc.

Hi all , not sure exactly how to put this so I'll just start. So I had my LO one on 08/14/18 , at my ob check up on 09/17/18 & got on the mini pill & started it that day. Had AF on 09/23/18 (about one week after starting the pill) it was a completely normal AF. & I've had a few scares & I'm a poas aholic (not proud of that lol) but anyways after a few evap or vvfl I had a test come back vvvf IN TIME FRAME but got dark at the 20-30 min mark (on 10/27/18) after a few more tests & days with vfl's i eventually started getting negative tests so I'm not sure if I went thru a chemical (I've never experienced it just had someone say that's what it could've been) but I've had weird spotting when I was due for AF in October & had weird spotting twice since . by weird I mean its barely there & weird color. I read somewhere that the mini pill can cause no period spotting 'break thru' bleeding ect but its been 26 days since my last AF & I've never missed periods besides when I was pregnant. Even after my daughter (2016) I was on the same mini pill & NEVER Missed periods. They never changed & got it every month! So why is it that this time around is it different? any input is much appreciated bc im just so confused.

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I took the mini pill in the past. I stopped it because of constant breakthrough spotting. Sometimes brownish, sometimes pink, and sometimes red. Sometimes it was mixed with CM and sometimes it was a gush. Sometimes it lasted every day for 2 weeks and other times it would show up for a day or two and then come back weeks later. Sometimes my period was regular and sometimes it never showed for 3 months. Not to be pedantic, but all that is why I went off it and have never looked back.

I'm not sure of what is going on based on your description, but I think it's totally possible for the mini pill to work differently for you this time around. Hormones and patterns change.

5 years ago

Oh goodness yeah I wouldn't like that either. I've just been weird about everything bc this is my 2nd time being on the same bc & having two different reactions to it. & have been a mess due to it lol I hear mixed reviews about the mini pill so im kinda in between feelings about it

5 years ago • Post starter

It can take a while for cycles to regulate after giving birth.are you bf?

5 years ago

I was supplementing for awhile but stopped about a almost a month ago. But I had my first post partum AF a week after I started my birth control & I've been on it for a while but I start my 3rd pack tmw (I've missed a few pills here or there so I'm just now starting the pack) but im just not sure why the first time I took it , it never messed with my cycle & this time it is

5 years ago • Post starter

I don’t do bc, but after each pregnancy my cycles kinda change up a bit or at least sometimes they do. I’d call the doc if you’re concerned. If you did indeed get a positive test, then you probably had a chemical. Hormones can be screwy for a bit so just because you didn’t react this way before on this bc doesn’t mean you wouldn’t another time.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo