Community post

Question

Is it possible to get pregnant right after stopping the pill?

So I've read that it is possible to get pregnant right after stopping the pill and I was wondering how many ladies this has happened to. Ive also ready that after stopping you can ovulate after 2 weeks. I recently quit my pills (in the middle of the pack) to try for our rainbow baby and have yet to start my period. Last period was Oct 2 and stopped the pill Oct 16. So I could have ovulated on or before Oct 31? I took a pregnancy test
Nov 2 (starting getting little pulling and twinge type pressure) but got a negative but that would have been too soon if it's true ovulation can occur 2 weeks after the pill is stopped. Oddly enough my previous pregnancy (which was a miscarriage) was conceived around the same time. I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed and want to hear your stories! :)

2 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I really hope you can, because I’m in the same boat. I was going to finish my last pack (starting September 30) but I stopped midway and had my period on October 15. I’m temping (but using a regular thermometer so it’s not totally accurate) and using OPKs and got 3 days of positives from October 29-31. So now I’m just waiting. Keep me posted!!

5 years ago

Oh my gosh! Keep me posted too! Going to test this and next Friday because I have no idea when I might have ovulated. Ours are so close together though! Fingers crossed!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo