Community post

Question

Mixed pregnancy tests

I had my last period on 1st may. I had my first positive test on 1st June (with some light spotting and cramping) I had more negatives and then a day of light positives again on 8th June. They are back to negative again and had a small amount of brown spotting last night...has anyone had this?

My first pregnancy was very much like this, it wasn't until I had a scan at 6 weeks that I was confirmed as being pregnant. I had a very dark positive, two weeks of negatives and then dark positives again. It was all very odd!

My 2nd pregnancy was nothing like this, I didn't know I was pregnant until I had an unrelated hospital appointment and discovered I was 8 weeks pregnant (had the coil so no periods!) never did any pregnancy tests!

Now my first period since my last pregnancy has taken 8 months, if it was based on my old cycles they were irregular and between 22-40 days...so i have no idea when I would have ovulated!

My question is, could I be pregnant and should I test again in a week? Blood test? Or is this a chemical pregnancy? If it's chemical when will I bleed? I just want to know for sure what is going on so I can accept whatever it is!

My biggest concern is that I was diagnosed with cervical cancer during my last pregnancy and my hormonal changes made it progress quickly, I am waiting to see my consultant because my symptoms have returned and I need to know if I am or if I'm not because it will impact my treatment options massively and I'm not due for follow up until January!!

Really confused about it all :( xxx

xx

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Could of ovulated later then expected, wait a couple days test again. If you keep getting inconsistent test results go do a blood test. Gl!

User image

5 years ago

Are you very sure your last af was actually af? If you are further along, you could just have so much hcg that it tricks the test into a negative result. If you have an extra test lying around, try diluting the heck out of your urine and see what happens. If that is negative, you should call and get a blood test. If its a new pregnancy the lines shouldn't be back and forth this long. With your history of cervical cancer, you can't afford to risk it. Good luck to you, and please update us.

5 years ago

Hi ladies,

Thank you for your input. It turned out I had a chemical pregnancy. On the plus my biopsies came back normal so all clear to keep trying for baby number 3! X

xx

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo