Community post

Discussion

Twin Pregnancy

Hi

I have just discovered I am expecting twins. Unfortunately I have experienced a little bleeding and pain and the sonographer reassured me that it is normal. However, she questioned my dates and has worried me. According to my LMP I should be 6+5, however I am only measuring around 5 weeks. I know that I only ovulated on CD25 so based on that I should be 5+3.

My concern is that there were two separate sacs but there didn’t appear to be anything in there. They invited me back for a scan next week and told me that we may only see one sac and it’s very common to lose one in early pregnancy

My husband and I were only trying for one more baby and to find out I am carrying two is a total shock but I feel blessed and the thought of losing one is making me feel very sick.

Has anyone else had empty sacs with single or multiple pregnancy and gone back to see a baby?

I feel so worried, so stressed and extra teary

Thank you for reading my post, wishing you lots of baby dust xxx

xx

10 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Hi! Last period 19th October. Ovulated 1st November. I went for a scan last Thursday and was told I was measuring 5 weeks exactly - should have been 5w 4d. (only the gestational sac could be seen.) I think sometimes things are slow to start, but eventually catch up. Try to be positive, and don't rely on those clear blue weeks indicators (although I've been guilty of using those just to check things are moving along haha)

Good luck xx

5 years ago

Well said banksy!! I agree:)

User image

5 years ago

Thank you for the reassurance. Hopefully at our next scans we can see more than just the sacs then!! Fingers crossed for you xxxx

xx

5 years ago • Post starter

Always remember that twins are going to be smaller. They have to be. Your body only has so much space. And even though they measure time from your period, that doesn't mean that's how old the baby is. It depends on conception date more than LMP. So being only a week off on size isnt bad at all. <3 keep your hopes up!

5 years ago

I had my follow up scan yesterday and sadly one sac had gone. My other jelly bean has a heartbeat but is still measuring small. I’m not feeling hopeful at all

xx

This made my heart sink. Praying for you

for our

5 years ago

I had 2 sacks with my dd (dear daughter). I still have the sono in my storage. That was 10 years ago.They said she absorbed the 2nd and it was totally normal. I now have a vary heathly young lady. I wouldn't worry. Its common. Most people it happens too early for them to notice.

5 years ago

Aww sending prayers & sticky vibes your way xo xo God bless Hun

User image

5 years ago • Edited

I’ve had some more bleeding and cramps, have a feeling this second baby isn’t going to stick I have an appointment with my midwife but not until 20th!!!

Is there anyway to find out how it’s progressing before then? Blood tests or something?! x

xx

Oh no:( well you can have serial HCG betas done. 1 today and 1 72hrs later to see how the numbers are rising. If they arent rising properly or if they decrease it can let you know that there is an issue. I really hope your little bean makes it. Your in my thoughts.

User image

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo