Community post

Journal

Surprise Announcement

So this is not about me.... My youngest brother just called me to tell me that him and his fiancee are pregnant. They are getting married in October, and this does put a little kink in their massive wedding plans, but he is over the moon. I was totally caught off guard when he told me. This is the first grandkid on my side of the family, and since we're SO close to doing our FET, I thought we were a shoe in to be the first! Nope....

I'm 33, and he's 26. We've been trying for over three years, and his was an oopsie. I'm not unhappy, in fact I'm very happy to be an aunt again (we have a niece on Chad's side), but I'm not going to lie, I cried my eyes out when we hung up. Seriously, we're like a week away from FET! Oh well, I've cried, I've ranted on here, now I'm going to move on and be happy for them, and hope that we get our BFP in a couple weeks. :)

User Image

9 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Comments

Now you will get a baby that will have a cousin/playmate. Dry your tears sweetie. It's your time now. That BFP is straight ahead. Hugs

7 years ago

Thanks Kandi. I'm happy for them. He's going to be a great dad, and I knew they wanted to try immediately after the wedding anyways. I was just in shock since I was hoping we'd be making the next announcement....lol. Oh well, God has it all planned out for us.

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

That is a good news :) I know it hurts now but soon your babies will be so close and be best friends !!! Just think about it this way :)
I know you have been trying so long but your baby is coming !!!!!!
And believe me - the struggle to get pregnant will make you appreciate your pregnancy so much more :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

7 years ago

Thats great news for ur brother and family. Ur gonna have some good news to share soon as well...who knows, u may even deliver first, they don't always stay in and cook for 40wks. Ur gonna love their baby either way, and having cousins so close in age is perfect! My cousin and I were very close and only 27 days apart...bestfriends growing up!!

1 week to go....1 incredibly slow week to go!! =))

7 years ago

Yes I feel much better this morning. I'm very excited for them! I knew I was being selfish last night, and I woruld never ever say any of those things to my brother! I have a cousin who is 6 months younger than me and we grew up very close. Her and her husband are some of our closest friends and they are now expecting twins, numbers 4 and 5! My brother, unfortunately, lives 12 hours away, but we'll still see them as often as possible. Thanks for the cheering up ladies. I'm very excited, and I know my parents are crazy excited. They've wanted grandkids since I turned 20 lol! Our circle is about to explode with babies. My sister in law is due in June, cousin is due with twins in October, best friend is due in November, and now other sister in law is due in January. Babies everywhere lol!

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

Aww...I totally understand that feeling and it's ok to have a selfish moment...lord knows I had plenty of those :) And your parents will be doubly excited when you get your bfp too! So excited for you!

7 years ago

This is good news and a great sign that there are babies everywhere too:) your announcement wont be far away and everyone will be so happy for you guys too. One week to go gosh.....I am so excited for you and had everything crossed xx

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

7 years ago

Can't wait until you get to make your big announcement too!!

7 years ago

I'm happy for your family and I can't wait to hear from you! Like everyone else said, cousins close in age will be awesome!

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo