Community post

Journal

Heartbeat *Pregnancy Mentioned*

Just a quick update for all my friends. :) We saw and heard our baby's heartbeat (just one baby) yesterday at 6w3d. It was 111 BPM, which the nurse said was perfect. The fetal pole was only measuring 6 weeks exactly, but she said that's totally fine, and there's a 7 day margin for error. I can see how that's true because the baby looked different at every angle that she put that wand at. When she first turned the screen towards us, I just saw the yolk sac again, which is all we could see last week, but then we saw that tiny little flicker, and I instantly started crying. I had a tiny bit of spotting on Saturday, so it was a HUGE relief to see the heartbeat. On top of crying, I have a cold that has made me hoarse, so when I was trying to talk to Chad and the nurse through my crying, it just sounded like pitiful squeaking lol. She turned the sound on before she took the measurements so we could hear it, and it was the tiniest, most wonderful heartbeat I've ever heard.

I know we're not out of the woods, but this was a huge hurdle, and I'm so thankful that we've made it this far. I will have weekly ultrasounds at the fertility clinic until 12 weeks, when I will "graduate". They still wanted me to make my first prenatal appointment with my regular OB, so they can start their tracking, so I have that appointment the week after next. This is all very exciting because I'm going to get to watch my baby's growth week by week, and I'll have that added reassurance once a week that everything is going well.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good. Like I said I have a cold, which sucks because it's making me even more tired than just normal pregnancy tired. Other than fatigue though, I don't feel much different. My boobs are still a little tender, but they're not nearly as bad as they were weeks 4 and 5. I'm not having any nausea. I am really hungry in the morning, but as long as I eat breakfast, all is good. I'm hoping it stays this way Lol. Occasionally I have some minor cramping, that is more pressure than anything. I know they are completely normal, but it doesn't make it any less scary.

I hope you are all doing well. I'm still in here every day, and checking on friends, so say hi anytime! Praying for BFP's for all of us!!

User Image

17 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 17 Comments | Last Page

Best news ever, enjoy your precious little one and cherish every moment!

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

6 years ago

Hoping u have the happiest and healthiest 9 months! Excited for the next scan and pic update!! =))

6 years ago

Hearing that heartbeat for the first time is such an amazing thing. Enjoy every minute :)

6 years ago

I'm so thrilled! What wonderful news! That's a huge hurdle!! I know you're going to be petrified, but try to enjoy every moment. It's such a gift.

6 years ago

My heart is soaring for you! I will continue praying for baby, you and your family! So many congratulations! :)

6 years ago

That’s the best and it never gets old :). The bleeding is sooo scary, I’ve had some sort of bleeding with most of mine but I’m a mess when that happens. And just think, all of this worrying about them will continue for the rest of your life, lol

6 years ago

Great news :) A huge hurdle to cross.

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

6 years ago

Oh hunny, I'm getting tears and goose bumps reading this. So happy for you guys!!

6 years ago

Lol, thank you ladies! Yes the bleeding is terrible. I actually had some more yesterday right after I wrote this journal, but I went to the doctor and baby is fine. HR went up to 113, and they couldn't find a source for the bleeding, so they say everything is fine. She said it's probably because I've been coughing my brains out from this cold. Thank you for all the support and encouragement. It's still really hard to believe after all this time. :)

User Image

6 years ago • Post starter

This is so exciting! I love the updates. They ate very reassuring that our prayers are being answered. I love forward to next week's news.

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo