Community post

Journal

I've Broken My Hippocampus!

That would explain why I have the short term/long term memory of a gnat...
I went to my ob/gyn today and let me tell you folks, I have never been more happy to get a pap smear in my life since I was also going to use this opportunity to discuss my fertility and our next step since we've been trying for 8 months with no success. I had my entire spiel all planned out but when she came in there and started talking to me, it all became word vomit. I just completely unloaded on her and I had really wanted to be logical and objective about everything but apparently I'm more of an emotional wreck than I realize.
So we talked...I can barely remember about what.
So she took blood...I can't remember what the test are for except that it has something to do with my ovaries. (I'll get the results back next week)
And then she sent me on my merry way...and I forgot to ask about a million questions despite writing all this stuff down and obsessing over talking to her for a month.
Ugh brain, work already!
Funny side note: I see needles and I get hysterical. So when the nurse was about to draw blood I had a mini freak out and then she stuck then needle in and I was fixing my mouth to scream or yell ouch or something, but it came out as a quiet, "oh" because I didn't feel anything at all. It was so dramatic and anticlimatic all at the same time.
Also, my husband is going to be so embarrassed because I've brought home a cup for him to give me a sample in. I feel bad for him because he is such a private person and more importantly very religious, so masturbating (which is essentially what this is) is not something he's going to be comfortable with. He agreed to do it but when he's staring at the cup, I'm not sure how he is going to feel and my heart goes out to him. I hate the thought of him being uncomfortable.

2 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Helpful hint for DH's benefit... There are special condoms you can get that don't damage semen and can allow you to collect your samples traditionally... If my DH & I have to go that route, that's what we'll do... FX!!!

11 years ago

Thanks lady! I'm not even sure where to go to get something like that. I think he'd probably prefer that to the alternative.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo