Community post

Journal

He Made Me Feel Like a Natural Woman...Woman...

So this passed Sunday I went to my Aunt's church because they were having their women's day and she was performing a dance. It was really sweet, but the main attraction was my second cousin Aidan. He's 2.5 months of baby breath having, no neck muscle supporting, gang sign rocking, unabashed gas passing cuteness. I held him for the entire service with a pained smile on my face. I'd close my eyes while the choir shouted "hallelujah" and pretend that baby Aidan was my creation. It just felt right. It felt natural.
Then I'd open my eyes and reality would come flooding back in. Not mine...not ours...so let the church say, "Amen!"
It brought me to a nice realization, though. I could totally adopt. I've thought about it and my hubba hubby and I have dropped the a-word a bunch during our 12 year relationship, not even realizing that might be the only way we'd start a family, not just a noble gesture to help the less fortunate. We are the less fortunate in terms of fertility. (Gosh I hope that doesn't offend anyone) As I squeezed and smelled and cooed and rocked little Aidan I thought, I've got enough love in my heart and enough of a desire to be a mother that it really doesn't have to be mine.
I have my yearly exam at the end of this month and I plan to talk to my gynecologist about trying Clomid since I have PCOS and if and when I'm ovulating sounds like a case for Scooby Doo and the mystery machine. But I think sometime this year if we continue to be unsuccessful, we're going to go ahead and fill out the paper work with some agencies for adoption.
I'm so ready to hold a baby and not have to hand it over at the end of service.

2 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Yes! I am totally for adoption... though my hubby has a stand on it like my father did (I am afraid I wouldn't love it as much if it weren't 'mine') I love stealing friend's babies, especially the little ones that still have that baby head smell.

I wish you luck with Clomid... and if not that..... a quick adoption process. I have several friends who are adopted and know several people who have adopted. It is always wonderful to give a little one a family.

11 years ago

Sigh @ the baby smell. I don't know why God makes them smell like that...but I like it.
I think a lot of people think they won't love it the same but all children bring out that nurturing instinct. Hopefully it won't come down to you having to convince your husband to give adoption a try, but if it does, let me know and I'll pass your name around in my prayer groups to unharden his heart to the idea. *Baby dust*

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo