Community post

Question

Breastfeeding and Pregnancy?

I am currently breastfeeding my 10 month old son. We never EBF, we supplemented a bottle a day with formula, used soothes and at 6 months started solids. He still nurses 5+ times a day but in short small amounts. I have not yet had a period since giving birth. Everything I have read states without EBF I should have had a period by now. As of late I have been getting more symptoms. CM started at the start of December and mixed from creamy white to EGCM and back again, even right to dry.still nonperiod. We have not been safe...last being Jan 9.In the last couple Days my CM has been very present...I've run to the washroom thinking I've finally started, only to find water CM. BF suddenly is not comfortable, my nips are very sensitive when my son latches.(teeth maybe...he has 4) I get on and off nausea, some cramping, and a feeling AF is coming (pressure, heavy feeling down there) question is for moms who BF is this AF coming or a possible pregnancy. Either way I'd be happy with. TIA :)

1 Answer • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi, with regards to the breastfeeding, everyone is different, and even though you haven't ebf, you may still be preventing ovulation due to it. I wouldn't worry about having not had a period, that is actually quite normal. You may well be gearing up to have one and that's why you feel like you're about to start. Sometimes though even if you get your period you may or may not have a couple of months where you bleed but do not ovulate. This is due to the breastfeeding and how it affects the hormones. Eventually it all gets back to normal. The nips being sore could well be due to teeth!
Or.... You may have ovulated and fallen pregnant prior to actually getting your first period. Take a test, BF doesn't interfere with hcg, and it will give you an answer :-)
Hope that helps x

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo