Community post

Question

Progesterone level question.

I get my progesterone level checked once a month to see if I ovulated. Most months my level is between 10 and 14. This month however my level is 42.8 and my questions have to do with this number:
1. Does anyone have experience with a progesterone level this high?
A. What did it mean for you?
2. Does anyone know which (if any) website would be able to give me the most accurate information about this?
My Dr said it looks really promising but didn't elaborate any more than that.

Please help! I've been ttc since Feb 2013 with two miscarriages and this is our last month ttc till September this year.

10 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

My progesterone is being monitored monthly. It is between 25 and 45 (last 5 months). All excellent numbers my RE says. Despite of it I have not become pregnant. High progesterone gives me the typical pregnant feeling. Hope this helps.

9 years ago

Momtom, I'm sorry to hear that despite your high progesterone levels you still have not gotten pregnant. I'm sure your time will come. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

9 years ago • Post starter

Maybe I missed this in your question, But are you using any fertility meds? I'm using clomid 50mg, so I get my progesterone levels checked every month on cycle day 21 to see if I am ovulating... last month I did not and levels were 8, this month I DID ovulate ad my levels were 16 :) Now I wait until this weekend to test. What DPO are you?

9 years ago

I'm 9 dpo today but was 7 dpo when the blood was taken. I am using clomid. Was supposed to be on 100 mg but used 250 mg instead. My Dr told me she would increase it but never did so I took it into my own hands. I've been on clomid since September 2013 and NEVER have had a progesterone level this high!

Thanks for the encouragement mamaof2girls22. I need lots of it, thanks !!!!!!!

9 years ago

Well those numbers Sound very good to me. . Maybe wait until this weekend to test again? I actually can't hold out much longer and might test early tomorrow at 10 dpo.
Keep us updated & good luck :)

9 years ago

I'm testing tomorrow (10 dpo) too! I can't wait!

Let us know about the results!!!!! Want to hear about someone getting successful in this department.

9 years ago

I hope you got good results this morning..... Because I just got my Big FAT freakin Positive! (10dpo) This was my second month on clomid.... Good luck!

9 years ago

Congratulations! I took one this morning (9dpo) and it looked like there was a line but my DH said not good enough to day positive....

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo