Community post

Question

For the plus size ladies on here. How long did it take for you to get pregnant with you first baby?

I am a plus size woman - I am a 31 years old and my husaband is 29 years old. I wear a 20/22 size in jeans and my husband and I have been ttc for 3 months now

I am trying to stay positive as all the information out there is very negative about plus size women getting pregnant. I have regular periods every month, my OB/GYN said my uterus looks healthy and normal.

9 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

tbh...i dont think weight has to do with it...as i have a few quite big friends who had no issue having babies..I am normal weight and have a shit load of issues. dont bring yourself down or count urself out. gl x

10 years ago

I really don't think there are any hard and fast rules when it comes to a woman's efforts to conceive. Everyone is different. I've known women that were not especially overweight that had issues conceiving and were told to lose weight, once they did they were pregnant within a few months. I also know women of average size that have had trouble too. And then I know women that are size 18/20 and had no troubles at all.

Just try to relax. Stress is probably a bigger issue than weight, so don't beat yourself up over it.

Good luck!!

10 years ago

Thanks Ladies. I just have been finding it tough to do the TTW and in the end my period has arrived every month so far without fail - its hard to be positive and stress free about it.

10 years ago • Post starter

3months is no time at all...try not to worry...start worrying when you hit 3 years....gl x

10 years ago

Being overweight can possibly diminish your ability to conceive, although as the previous posters mentioned, some women aren't affected by this.

I personally am 5'4" and about 183 lbs. TTC for 3.5 years now and still no baby, but due to my weight (which throws my hormones out of balance horribly) I've only had like 7 periods since I've been TTC and I never used to ovulate. Since I started losing weight 6 months ago, I've had 4 periods and ovulated every cycle so far. It really is amazing what difference a little weight loss makes.

Sorry to get off on a preachy tangent like that. We are all different, but what works for me may still work for someone else! If you aren't monitoring your cycle already, you might want to look into OPKs and/or BBT charting, which will help pinpoint ovulation so you know exactly when you should be having intercourse. Wherever your TTC journey takes you, best of luck!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2011 MC @ 6 weeks, Mar. 2015 (suspected - never confirmed) MC @ 16 weeks, July 2015 CP Oct. 2015 Nov. 13, 2015 @ 15 DPO! for a rainbow baby!

10 years ago

To er on the side of caution, you could loose some weight, being just 31 it would not hurt. I was overweight at 33 and it took 6 years to conceive. You could look at something like rebootwithjoe.com (free plans) or join the Reboot with Joe group on facebook.

It is just driving your weight down gives you a better chance and it improves your cycles, see being healthy as being kind to yourself

10 years ago

if your periods are regular, there prob is not an issue with conceiving. Lots of over overweight women have problems with regular cycles. But that doesn't seem like an issue for you.

User Image

10 years ago

If you are having regular periods, I don't think you have any reason to worry. Even thought 3 months seems like a lifetime when you are ready to start (or add to) a family, it isn't very long in the TTC world. Statistically it takes healthy late 20-early 30 yr olds on average between 9-12 months to conceive.

10 years ago

You can have regular periods and not ovulate. It's a bit early to be concerned as you have only been trying for a short time. Hopefully nothing is wrong and you can conceive. I am overweight and have regular periods, but I do not ovulate. I have PCOS with anovulatory periods. I hope this is not the case for you, but something to look into if you have trouble. Good luck to you! :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo