Community post

Journal

Took a HPT - Faint Positive - 5/29

Salaam alaikum - Peace Be with you!

Wow. I was so sure I was going to get a negative thats the only way I could get the courage up to test.

Not so sure now with this faint positive!

I showed my husband and he is thrilled. We agreed to retest after June 6-7th if my period doesn't show up.

I secretly retested on the 30th and the faint positive was still there.

The issue is the home pregnancy tests here in Morocco - don't have anything that tells you how sensitive they are. I am thinking they are at the upper end of things 50 mL HcG perhaps.

I asked my friend who also lives in Morocco and is pregnant - how strong her positive was and she says it was faint and she tested 6 weeks after her missed period.

I posted my HPT on a group I am in on Facebook and I couldn't believe how many women were positive but I also couldn't believe the level of negative responses as well.

In Islam we have the sayings and actions of the prophet Mohammad (pbuh) in Hadith - the one that came to mind in seeing all the negative responses was, "None of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself." Muslim & Bukhari

I want everyone to get their BFP - and have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Even when I had the crushing conversation with my mother this week in which we discussed her new craft project and I asked who she was making these stuffed soft toy fish for - she said for my babies.

I had to tell her and try not to cry over my key board and say - Mom I am not pregnant yet.

I hold out hope that yes after five months of trying to get pregnant and having never been pregnant that I could still get pregnant. It still was like eating cut glass to say that to my mom and not cry.

Now.. I have a spark of hope burning brighter than ever - maybe I am pregnant. God willing.

One day late and counting.

wa alaikum salaam - and peace unto you

3 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

Congrats!

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

9 years ago

Congrats, lovely news. Hope you have a wonderful, happy and healthy pregnancy. :0)xx

9 years ago

Salaam sister :) this is incredible news! I hope to hear how you're getting along. Congratulations and thinking of you x

Me(20) DH(24) - September 6th 2013 M/C - 25th September 2013 @ 5 weeks We love you little one, you're our little angel Restarted BCP 1/1/2014 - Ended BCP 18/3/2014, too broody to stay on it PCOS dx 2005 - Metformin 1000mg started 2013. Nerve issues dx 2009 - Amitriptyline 10mg started 2013. [i]Left & right ovarian cysts, left ovary 20% left after surgery to remove ovarian tumour. User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo