Community post

Question

Miscarriage?

I went in for an ultrasound on Wednesday because I woke up with a small amount of brown blood when I wiped. This was my first visit since a positive pregnancy test. The ultrasound showed a 6 week and 2 day baby (which was normal) with a 96 heart beat. The doctor said we may have caught the heartbeat early, so they weren't worried about it being low. I did bloodwork that day and again this morning (about 36 hours in between). My HCG level rose, but did not get close to doubling. Also, my progesterone level was "on the low side." The nurse told me not to worry, but to be prepared because at this point it could go either way. My HCG today was 1020 with my progesterone at 7.1. Has anyone had these problems and miscarried or not miscarried? I am no longer bleeding. I will have another ultrasound Monday morning.

9 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I was faced with a similar situation, with my last I bled for 7 days. I was worried at first and then the doctor said well, its just a miscarriage! Talk about reassurance! Anyways, it ended up being blood behind the developing placenta, He's three now :)

10 years ago

Thanks for the insight -- I am bleeding a little today -- noticing some watery brown blood about every third time I pee. Were your levels off?

10 years ago • Post starter

I had brown blood on and off for a few weeks with my first pregnancy. Daughter is 10yrs old! I remember the doctor said that it was possible that I could miscarry due to the presence of blood...but obviously that was not the case! I had a smooth pregnancy after that:)

10 years ago

I'm less worried about the blood because it has been a very small amt. but, since my levels are on the low side, I'm so scared they will not go up. The doctor said my ultrasound looked really good and they were surprised that they could even detect a heart beat this early. I like to think the little guy/girl is trying to hold on, but may be fighting a losing battle. Monday can't come soon enough. I will get more bloodwork and another ultrasound.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I've had 3 consecutive losses and I know how scary it can be. Being in limbo sucks! It's good that they saw the heartbeat! :) Being 6w2d, your baby's heartbeat probably just started a few days ago. Your progesterone is low (my doctor likes to see at least above 10). Did your doctor put you on progesterone supplements or vaginal suppositories? If not, it wouldn't hurt to request some.
I hope your next u/s provides you with some answers and a healthy LO growing inside.

10 years ago

if they a heartbeat you might just make it to doctors to get progesterone that level is indeed very low ask for progesterone it might help to hold on but if it didnt implant properly been just 7 but you should ask i just had progeaterone done in a non pregnant cycle and it was 30 so if you ask there stil maybe a chance hope it works out as i recently went threw a miscarriage and it started off with pain like blows to the tummy i had no bleeding at this point but when i did start i had dry brown and went watery to dry brown for few days before i saw red im hoping its.not the case for you i hope things work out fingers crossed keep praying its all in gods hands now

10 years ago

Thanks y'all! My doctor was out of town when I went in bc of the blood, but she will be there on Monday. I'm definitely going to ask about the progesterone supplements. I've read a lot about it and I think it is just about the only proactive thing I can do at this point, so I have to try. My poor husband has been waiting on me hand and foot and trying to keep me off my feet and I just feel like I'm letting him down. I know that's silly and he knows it is not my fault, but I can't help thinking that. I'm sorry you guys went through this too :(

7.1 is very low! My dr was concerned about mine being only 30 at 16dpo. I had a chem pregnancy. You should be put on progesterone support immediately. You need to get your progesterone up. What was your first and second hcg?

User Image

10 years ago

usually you should be on progeaterone as early as 4 weeks 6 weeks that you are now and started brown the doctor mitened give you it as once the bleeding commences been brown i.dont think he will because something has started and even with progeaterone that mite not work unfortunately these things happen as it hapoened to.me also and i dont say them.words too lightly as i know how you feel to hold onto the last bit of hope you have its an awful feeling again i push on my words been so strong when i have been in your shoes its not the words you want to hear but from my experience if it is the case work on building yourself up for next i hope its not the case for you and prayers ya make it monday to hold onto your lil bean prayers and blessings and i hope god wil be good to you and your partnr

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo