Community post

Question

Need help on how often to have sex!!

Okay, so, I have started temping myself and am on CD 4, almost done with my AF. Then the FUN parts begin! What I need to know is how often my DH and I should have sex. I have heard it is not good to build up sperm but unsure about anything beyond that! I don't want to do it too much but don't want to do it too little either. OPK's do NOT work on me, well, they didn't use to work on me before I started taking Vitex and having periods... I do know that I ovulate due to pains that I get, I am just unsure whether the pains come before, during, or after ovulation. So, with that said, how often should be BD and WHEN should we start BD'ing? Right after AF goes away??

Poll:
Every day (1 votes)
Every other day (6 votes)
Every 3 days (0 votes)

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I bedded ever day of ovulation week and every other day before and after that and I'm 6 weeks after 6 months trying and two mc so it'll take some time but it'll happen

11 years ago

It is recommended by everything that I have read to BD every other day. If this seems like too much sex for you, do not start to BD until CD8 or 10 so that you have some time between AF. It takes your body some time after AF to prepare an egg, so waiting a few days is no big deal, plus you are usually dry during those days too, indicating not fertile during that time. I would suggest using OPKs since you are now on Vitex. It may help to pinpoint the best week for you two to DTD. Baby dust to you!!!
Some fun things to watch and read are--- The Sperm Meets Egg Plan (free on amazon), The Great Sperm Race (on youtube), and The Business of Being Born (netflix). Lots of luck dear!!!

11 years ago

According to what I read from Mayo Clinic, BD'ing every day is fine and dandy as long as the man's sperm analysis is normal. If he has a low count, every other day is better.

11 years ago

Hahaha, you just gave me a good laugh at myself. When I first read the title for your question as 'Need help on how to have sex!' haha. Thank you for that :) Anyway I think mamajay101 said it best. Do it earlier and for longer...(um number of days that is...not longer at a time) than you think you need to. Ovulation is very difficult to pinpoint no matter how many 'tools' we use so there's always a chance it'll happen earlier or later than you think. I would baby dance from day 8/9 of cycle at least every 2nd day until day 22/23 paying particular attention to the days you have egg white cervical mucous. All the best xo

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo