Community post

Question

Question about Ovulation

Okay, so I have PCOS and up until a couple of months ago, I was not having periods. That all changed when I started taking Fertilaid. The thing is, I know I have been ovulating because I get bad pains on either side when I ovulate. The reason I know this is because back when I did not have PCOS, I had those pains when I ovulated. The thing is, I do not know when those pains come, before, after, or during. I have tried using OPK but because of the PCOS, I get false positives. I am temping but I have NO clue when you ovulate by charting.... Has anyone overcame this? We have decided to just BD every other day until I start again. My first cycle since charting was 28 days, 2nd cycle was 34 days..... So, not completely regular... Now, when I tried the OPK, I was not having a period. Should I try them again now that I am having a period again? Any suggestions ladies??

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Buy the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is essential to learn how to chart and how to read your chart. It will teach you how to know when you ovulate. Good luck.

Mrs. H. User Image

10 years ago

You know, I actually have started recording my BBT on this website. It records the data and does most of the interpretation for you. It wouldn't hurt trying the OPKs again as long as you're up for the stress it can bring. (It does stress me at least). I suggest continue to BD every other day or so. When you get the ovulation pains, It is usually a little bit before you ovulate (although different for everyone) or right as you are about to ovulate. Sometimes ovulation pain can last a short while after as well. If you would like any guidance, or just someone to talk to feel free to message me. :)

Non vedo l'ora di conoscerti il mio bambino. "I can't wait to meet you my child"

10 years ago

I would give the ops a try again. I have PCOS and the opks work for me thank god!! But it wouldn't hurt to try :) Good luck pcos really sucks :(

10 years ago

Everyone is different with pcos. i get pains before ovulation and it gets worse after ovulation. once the cyst bursts it causes alot of inflammation in my pelvis. causing alot more pain. it is a good idea to try opks again. They make work better now your period has returned. But the most accurate was is temping. im using fertility friend app on my phone for my charting Aswell as this one. its helping alot knowing when i ovulate Aswell as i know my body and can feel it happening. you should notice you have some lead up signs to ovulations Aswell. like cervical mucous. also i get a dull pressure in my right ovary every month about a week to a few days before i ovulate. so try taking note of little things and feelings before during and after you believe ovulation is happening. good luck

10 years ago

Thank you all SOO SOO much!!! My DH and I are BD'ing every other night since my AF stopped... We have never really had a routine to it so this may help... One thing I do know is that I do not get much ECWM at all, if any at all. So, we are going to be using Pre-Seed this month starting Saturday... Saturday will be CD 13 for me.... I think i probably will try the OPKs again! Will probably run and get them in the morning. Do you check it multiple times a day? Has anyone ever tried or heard of the predicting ovulation through saliva????? Thanks again so much everyone!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo