Community post

Question

Clomid Crazyness!!! Has anyone had clomid lengthen your cycle each round?

Hi ladies! A little background...My first cycle on clomid was 50mg. I OV'd at cd19 but the witch got me. So I'm on my 2nd round at 50mg again. However, today is cd27 and I havent OV'd yet (neg opks and no BBT shift). I'm so frustrated and not sure how long I should wait to see if I ovulate before I scrap this cycle and take provera to jumpstart next cycle. Has anyone else taken clomid and ovulated, but the next cycle had it push ovulation date back further? Or in my case...a week???

FYI- My cervix was fertile around cd 19 but nothing happened. It's still high, open and somewhat puckered. Been having cramps too...could OV be around the corner? This is why I'm fighting myself on when I should scrap the cycle. Ugh! I dont know ladies. What do you think???

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Well I have PCOS and dont ovulate at all. So the first time I ovulated on clomid but it was way late like 20+ days. At least I ovulated though, that was better than nothing! Then my period didnt come for a SUPER long time. I believe it was the clomid. Eventually after like 60 days with no show I took provera. The second time I didnt even ovulate at all. I was deemed clomid resistant and put on stronger injectible drugs in which I eventually conceived. Clomid varies cycle to cycle. But some women will be resistant to clomid.

11 years ago

Thanks ayeayecaptn! I have PCOS too! We're soul cysters...lol. I never ovulated on my own either (even after a 25 pound weightloss- I'm only 145lbs). The first cycle the clomid worked and AF came at 14 dpo. So it's annoying that I'm not ovulating this cycle. I'm guessing I just became resistant to the 50mg. Checked my cervix tonight it so confusing cause it's open and ready to except swimmers!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

11 years ago • Post starter

Just wanted to drop in to and show some fellow cycter love... Pcos cyster here. That sucks about the clomid I hope it works for me I take it this round. i know for other pcos cyster who take Femara (letrozole) when they don't respond to clomid. My dr. only prescribes clomid. fx and gl hope sometime shows either way.

me (31) ~ dh (37) dx w/pcos in 2009 ttc since 2000 Met.1000mg, prenatal, provera (11/12) clomid 50mg, Epo 1000mg, preseed and prayer (2/13) "This is my season, and I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus" thanks for my in advance!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo