Community post

Question

How to spot CD 1! Really need help with this ladies!

Okay, so I have been told that you do not count when you start spotting as CD 1 and that you are supposed to wait to start counting until you actually have a "flow". Others have told me that when you start seeing blood, that is CD 1.... So my question to you ladies is, what is REALLY the correct way? There is no possible way I can chart correctly if I do no know which day of bleeding I am supposed to start counting on! PLEASE HELP!

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

curious to see answers for this, i was wondering the same thing!

11 years ago

Soon as u bleed is day one, some periods never flow so I count as soon as I bleed day one x

11 years ago

Even if you stop bleeding for a day and then start back the next day?

11 years ago • Post starter

I was told by one fertility doctor that you start counting day one the first day you are in full flow. For example, when I get AF I will spot brown for one day then spot red the next day then all spotting with stop for one full day then the next morning I will be in full flow. So 4 days after brown spotting began I will go into full flow and thats when my Doc told me to begin counting as day 1. So I would say if you are going through more than one tampon or pad in one day then you can count it as being in full flow. If you have very light periods that are like spotting then I would count day one as the first day you see red blood, not brown or pink colour in your discharge but red blood. Not sure if this helps, this is just some feedback based on my experience and my doctor. Good luck with this and try not to over think it and stress yourself out. Hugs :)

11 years ago

Iv read on other websites that once you get any type of spotting to count it as day 1

11 years ago

Here is the thing.... At 4 dpo I had a spot of pink mixed in with cm... The size of the pink was the size of a nickel.... Well, after that, I had NOTHING else until 7 dpo when I strained a little to have a BM. I had pink/red blood on the toilet paper and then nothing else after that. Well, yesterday at 9 dpo had another BM and spotted again. Nothing else afterwards. Today at 10 dpo the same thing happened with my BM. Was bright red when it happened today and now has turned scanty and light pink.... So what the heck do I count as my first day of my cycle???????????????? Lol sorry about the TMI stuff ladies! Thanks!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo