Community post

Question

OPK and LH surges

From my understanding, an OPK can detect LH surges which can happen quickly. But you are fertile for 24-48 hours after your LH surge (right?). So would an ovulation predictor pick up on that you are ovulating for the day or two after the LH surge?

Poll:
Yes an OPK would pick up on fertility after LH Surge (0 votes)
No an OPK would *not* pick up on fertility after an LH Surge (2 votes)

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

The OPK picks up the LH surge...that's what it tests for.

11 years ago

An opk detects when LH levels are over a certain number, depending on the sensitivity of the test. Most are around 30mIU. Once your LH surges, you should ovulate within 12-48 hours. Your LH levels may stay elevated above the threshhold of the tests you're using for a period of time. Some surges may be less than 24 hours, while some may last for days.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

My last LH surge only lasted 24hours so dont hold off bds you might miss the egg!!! A positive opk means bds asap~~

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo