Community post

Question

Need some clarification on LP please. I still find myself a little confused.

My LP is pretty consistent at 15 days. Is a longer LP an issue or is it just a shorter one that is a cause for concern. I have read that a longer LP can result in the breaking down of endometrium and a few other things. These were written by posters to websites tho and not medical journals etc. Another person posted that spotting (esp. brown) during LP can be considered a LPD. I have episodes of spotting several times each month during my LP although it is pinkish red, then fades to brown. It usually happens 1 time during the day and sissappears, then will maybe happen 2-3 days later:( I have adequate lining and I ov so maybe this is the issue. Right now my OB doesnt seem concerned even tho we have been ttc since Nov and I am 36. I mean she ordered an u/s but did not even have me schedule a follow-up. Sadly I feel like it's bc we have other children:( Now I feel like I need to figure it out on my own. I dont wanna switch bc she ia great once you are pregnant but I havent been impressed

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

mine is 16 days, and I am 14 weeks pregnant, I know before I got pregnant and after my mc, I had a very short one of 7 t0 10 days and I read I would get pregnant with that, I looked my 16 day one up online, and it says its completely normal, tho most women range from 12 to 14 a 16 day one is fine.

11 years ago

mine is 16 days, and I am 14 weeks pregnant, I know before I got pregnant and after my mc, I had a very short one of 7 t0 10 days and I read I would get pregnant with that, I looked my 16 day one up online, and it says its completely normal, tho most women range from 12 to 14 a 16 day one is fine.

11 years ago

A 15 day LP is a good LP. Should mean your progesterone levels are good. Spotting is a concern (if I remember right) if you spot for days leading up to your AF. Like from 10dpo to 16dpo or something. But a day or two of light spotting should be just fine.
I could be wrong of course :)

11 years ago

When are you spotting? It's possible to have spotting from ovulation, but I'm not certain of your timing. It's also possible that you just have a super sensitive cervix that engorges in response to the heightened progesterone in the luteal phase and gets irritated easily. A 15 day luteal phase is great!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo